Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor and Supporter
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I pulled the bulbs and found these 45/45 bulbs, replaced with 60/55 H4s and promptly blew the 10A fuse. What the consensus on running H4s and just putting in a 15A fuse?

I'm still waiting for a wiring diagram but perhaps a headlight relay kit on this bike is in order?

Can the alternator support two H4s ok in normal operation?

My bike's number is 1000107, does that mean I have the 107th Africa Twin built? 1988? I have to ask because in Japan they count years of the Emperor and I have no idea what year my bike is.

Interestingly, the year of the Emperor this year is 21, that means my bike was born close to year 1, maybe even year 1.

Oh, I tweaked on the fairing frame a bit and must have moved it, but now my fairing side pieces no longer fit so well. More tweaking soon. I think it's straighter now but need a front/back adjustment or two.

Rode yesterday:
Africa Twin

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Ok I pulled the bulbs and found these 45/45 bulbs, replaced with 60/55 H4s and promptly blew the 10A fuse. What the consensus on running H4s and just putting in a 15A fuse?

I'm still waiting for a wiring diagram but perhaps a headlight relay kit on this bike is in order? YES!

Can the alternator support two H4s ok in normal operation? YES!

My bike's number is 1000107, does that mean I have the 107th Africa Twin built? 1988? Is it the frame number? If it is, then I would assume it's the 107'th build.
Engine numbers however, is not that easy to correspond between production identity and serial number.
I have to ask because in Japan they count years of the Emperor and I have no idea what year my bike is.

Interestingly, the year of the Emperor this year is 21, that means my bike was born close to year 1, maybe even year 1.

Oh, I tweaked on the fairing frame a bit and must have moved it, but now my fairing side pieces no longer fit so well. More tweaking soon. I think it's straighter now but need a front/back adjustment or two.

Rode yesterday:
Africa Twin
You like your new toy don't you?
RD03 works that way,,,

Need new tires for your RD03?

Some information on tires for our bikes:
http://www.mynetmoto.com/motorradreifen.cfm/ActiveTab/shopping/ActiveLink/1/Search/2/motorcycle/137/motorcycle_ccm_group/5/motorcycle_model/4671/StartRow/0/motorradreifen.html

·
Vendor and Supporter
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting then they say RD03 rear is 120 tire, then list the Sahara rear as a 140 size.
My Japan source on that tire list a 130/80/17

120 sounds a bit skinny, guess 140 might be too wide. I got a 130 on there now.

2 bar front is a bit high pressure for me, 1.8 bar better.

Yes I like my new toy, got it almost sorted now, just a rear tire and it'll be just riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts