Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ride any Road. Ask me...
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great little trip, deserts and mountains. Mix of tarmac and piste, suits big bikes with luggage.

Looking to test a product, so not business advertising
(As in, I'm not expecting anyone to pay for this.)

Plan is a 2 week trip, 16 days including the weekends at either end, leaves a day in hand on the planning, June 27th to July 12th.

Expected cost iro £1000, depending on the levels of comfort required. Long days, great riding, and a large lump of off the beaten track Morocco.

River 1.jpg Camels.jpg

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sounds like the sort of thing i would like to do as i am already 3/4 of the way down! Unfortunately i am unable on those dates and my donkynator would be more of a relaxed pace and probably not keep up with modern tackle. Another point is that on those months the heat would be very uncomfortable at the least unless your new product is a water cooled suit:thumbup: a few od us here are planning to cross over but not until october. Looking forward to the write up and photos and of course the result of the product test.

·
Ride any Road. Ask me...
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
October is a good time, but still very warm!

It's going to be warm, but I'm convinced it's not too hot. I'm not planning to drag folks through masses of deep sand! That just doesn't work on a large loaded bike :)

I'm pretty sure virtually anything could do the days, my stuff is all old. Longest day in Morocco is about 670 miles, bit longer in Europe. The pistes mean that the pace is kind of limited anyway, surfaces change without much warning.

Enjoy it when you go! :)

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Love to join you Chris but can't

Still finishing off degree till end July

Enjoy

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
You have to write a comprehensive report when You're back!

I'm thinking of riding to Marrakech next Year.
Sweden -> Hoek van Holland -ferry> Harwich ->Portsmouth -ferry>Bilbao -> Algeciras -ferry> Ceuto -> Marrakech.

Three weeks.

Just need to change my bike first, I think the Heritage Softail is less then optimal for this kind of trip...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts