·
The Sultan of Bling
1,981 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Thunder!

Actually, you're just the guy to speak to as you have the MOSFET. Are you finding the Koso unit RPM gauge 'twitches' or that the speedometer fluctuates? Mine has been doing this but I'm pretty sure it's a duff battery or the R/R, as at tickover there's a noticeable flicker of the headlights.

·
The Sultan of Bling
1,981 Posts
Thanks Thunder!

Actually, you're just the guy to speak to as you have the MOSFET. Are you finding the Koso unit RPM gauge 'twitches' or that the speedometer fluctuates? Mine has been doing this but I'm pretty sure it's a duff battery or the R/R, as at tickover there's a noticeable flicker of the headlights.
No Koso is stable and very accurate having set it with the GPS.

What are you using for the reference points for the speed sensor?

·
The Sultan of Bling
1,981 Posts
I'm assuming we are talking about the invoice amount and how that will effect the amount of import duty you'll have to pay.
Heaven forbid I would mention anything like that on a public forum....................

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The holes in the brake disc. It was lovely and stable at one point, 100% accurate with GPS, but then went back to: "34, 37, 29, 37, 33..." type readings.

·
The Sultan of Bling
1,981 Posts
The holes in the brake disc. It was lovely and stable at one point, 100% accurate with GPS, but then went back to: "34, 37, 29, 37, 33..." type readings.

Sounds like it's picking up more than the holes and getting confused. Can you position the sensor over the brake disc bolts?

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
From what I rememeber of looking at Koso instructions, the holes were the best bet. I'm not sure if the sensor has physically moved, is intermittently faulty, or there is interference/dodgy power supply somewhere!

The whole electrical system seems prone to going under-voltage (Lights very flickery at tickover etc) if the voltage indicator is to be believed, hence my interest in the R/R kit. :)

·
The Sultan of Bling
1,981 Posts
From what I rememeber of looking at Koso instructions, the holes were the best bet. I'm not sure if the sensor has physically moved, is intermittently faulty, or there is interference/dodgy power supply somewhere!

The whole electrical system seems prone to going under-voltage (Lights very flickery at tickover etc) if the voltage indicator is to be believed, hence my interest in the R/R kit. :)
I know the Koso can work with up to 60 reference points, personally I stayed away from "holes" as none available where exactly the same shape or size, using the 6 disc bolts works perfectly and I can even get a reading by pushing the bike into the garage.

Ditch the holes :thumbright:

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers Thunder, I will definitely give that a go! :thumbright:

As an aside, Jonathan of Rugged Roads also called earlier in response to my comments about the Koso unit, and offered to give the wiring a once-over at his place. That's what you call customer service - I've never thought he sold me a duff unit, just put it down to teething problems that are hard to sort out on a bike that is used every day as my only mode of transport!

Just wanted to put that info into the public domain! :D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
get two and I'll give you the money for the other one. In fact, get three. Or shall I get in touch and try to get you one? I have a mate in the US who could also take delivery and then post to me.

I am bored carrying a spare reg/rec with me because three have gone (on two bikes) in six years.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Or at least mention my name. Will PM you just in case

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I knew something was amiss with the electrical system...

Just goes to show it is worth checking. This was a totally standard loom, and I noticed that the wires going into the top part of the connector were pulled out with copper showing.

·
The Sultan of Bling
1,981 Posts
Where did you mount the 30A fuse that comes with the kit? It's a big old lump. :D
As with any in line fuse you want it as close to the power source as possible so that the length of live unfused wire is as short as possible. MInes inside the battery compartment right beside the battery :p

·
The Sultan of Bling
1,981 Posts
Not beside, inside, (oh and I don't have a cover) well I could have mounted it beside as I went for a MotoBatt but loads of room in there, unless yours has shrunk in the wash?? :confused:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts