Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wandering what is the most logical pannier set up for a TA since the exhaust side one will stick out more if its the same size?

To make the bike roughly the same rear width would a E45 on the left and E28 on the right make it roughly same width?

Or would having different loads make the bike too unstable?

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
Hi Grendel,

Won't the racks for the panniers stick out the same on each side anyway? Or are you mounting racks or differing size?

Most bikes I see, have the mounting racks the same distance away from the bike. So on one side they have an empty bit, on the other they have the exhaust.

Some people use the empty bit on one side to mount a tool box in a large PVC tube.

Hope this helps,

JB

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
What pannier rails do you have? The Givi ones stick out the same either side to ensure the bike is balanced. Frames like the Touratech ones stick out more on the exhaust side, so depending upon the frames you have means you may not need different sized panniers....

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys that answers my question then. :thumbright:
I'm bidding on a Givi pannier rack.

Only reason i ask is i have seen people with pannier of different sizes on each side i presumed it was because the TA exhaust got in the way but obviously not.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've Touratech and they balance fine. 35 litre on the exhaust side and 41 on the other. Just make sure you balance the weight in them as well ! These critters are pretty tough - dropped the bike once after a 13 hr ride and the only damage was a small dent in the bottom on the pannier !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts