Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discreetly watch second bike TA 650 going though its MOT and I know that chain brings out worst of tester's OCD as it was marked as loose in advisory last year. I know it's in perfect condition and correctly tensioned but for him it's a fail for too slack. So he kindly gets the tools out and tightens it and passes it which is all shown on the new MOT paperwork :) Riding away stange noises are emitted from down by left foot. So when I get home promptly reset it back to how it was and all is well - I'm happy - the tester is happy! I'll still go back to him as he means well and is thorough in his own way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
if you hav,nt got the sticker with the free play spec,s on the swingarm, take him the manual, will he pay for your gearbox, after he,s fcuk,d it !!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I assume you got the MOT from Martin (& Kirsty). Last year he gave me an advisory that the chain and sprockets are legal but need changing soon. I bought replacements but haven't got around to changing them yet, however it wasn't even mentioned on this years ticket...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Usually same mention of chain here too...but their getting used to me i think...when it gets 17 stone leap on it the headlight becomes right on his meter too...as well as the chain slack...They adjusted the headlight down a bit with me on it to pass years ago.....see what happens in 4 weeks time...OOOH ! I'm a fortune teller again...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Glad I live in sunny Queensland where we have to get a "Safety Certificate" only when a bike changes hands (same with cars). The Truck bloke is my favourite for the bikes, as he asks me if anything is not standard, for which I have been able to honestly say "Only the tyres". The main thing they look for here is oil leaks, worn brake pads and blown lights.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i go to the MOT tester that rides a scooter, he doesn't really know much about the bikes and that suits me because i know my bike inside out. I don't really want some hard nosed expert failing me to be honest. My next job is head stock bearings replacement which he would never check and they are MOT failure.....

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am not looking forward to the job, bur i have done it before. This time I want to try end do it without stripping the whole front of the bike....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts