Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Right at the end,
[h=3]Exhaust[/h]A catalytic convertor fitted as original equipment but missing will be a reason for failure.
I know lots of GS owners who this will upset.

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
just had a look on the VOSA website and there is a proposed new MOT handbook for 2012 for cars and light goods vehicles but nothing for bikes so I'm assuming we're safe for another year.

at least I hope I don't have to go buy a cat any time soon :)

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
just had a look on the VOSA website and there is a proposed new MOT handbook for 2012 for cars and light goods vehicles but nothing for bikes so I'm assuming we're safe for another year.

at least I hope I don't have to go buy a cat any time soon :)
and I won't have to change my lights back :cheers::cheers:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Well - looks like we'll be hit by more EU "harmonisation" :hitler: - interesting bit on CAT removals and HiD lights

MOT changes from 2012 | AA

Iain
Nothing new there really, i was told most of that in May when i took mine for the MOT all test centres have known that for months they get it sent to them in there monthly updates.

In all honesty though the MOT had to change, it's pretty prehistoric now and when you look at the amount of crap on modern cars that never gets serviced or checked over. Also good for a car buyers point of view now they can say "i'll put 12mths mot on it and sell it" and you could buy the car and find half of the electrical stuff doesn't work. At least now if you buy a car you'll know all safety systems should be functioning, if you don't like that idea don't buy cars with more crap on them than you need or want.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
You all should stop worrying & get a 'better' mot man ;-)
Can't get better than having the dealership service manager for your father :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Well - looks like we'll be hit by more EU "harmonisation" :hitler: - interesting bit on CAT removals and HiD lights

MOT changes from 2012 | AA

Iain
Be this as it may, I think you should realisethat "EU harmonisation" is a myth. The Govt are simply allowing (encouraging) you to think that to make you swallow the pill (feel free to insert other more colourful similies here involving bending over barrels etc...)

So the UK govt, who managed to refuse the euro & carve their own little role seperate from Europe but still in europe are not able to resist the "EU" when it comes to motorcycle legislation whilst in a number of other EU countries DON'T EVEN HAVE AN MOT FOR BIKES!

I think not.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
At least now if you buy a car you'll know all safety systems should be functioning
...or at least the warning lights come on and go off as expected. It's entirely possible all the dash warning lights for the faulty systems have been connected to the only functioning one rather than simply removing the bulbs like the cowboys used to.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
...or at least the warning lights come on and go off as expected. It's entirely possible all the dash warning lights for the faulty systems have been connected to the only functioning one rather than simply removing the bulbs like the cowboys used to.
Not always possible to do that as some systems have lights that pulse and count on the dashboard so you would have to make up a fair bit of circuitry to make it look right whe you sell it, not many people will be bothered to do that

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
No it isn't - but it's exactly the sort of vehicle that will be butchered in this way to get a quick MoT so it can be sold on to some unsuspecting punter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts