Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello can anyone tell me what you think of these cans i have read that there has been issues with the fitting of them mainly due to the link pipes which i believe can be got round with a little work, mainly wanting to now about quality, performance and general ratings cheers bazza:thumb:

·
White van man
560 Posts
Best read this thread before you commit the cash.

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/africa-twin/44140-motad-wrong-linkpipe.html

I bought one of fleebay last year. It has the same problems as posted.
Nothing wrong with quality or price, but the link-pipe is too long and not easy to alter without fabricating skills.
When i can find the time i'll alter mine to fit.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I don't understand why Motad are still sending the wrong link pipe. I took quite a bit of trouble and patience to get them a dummy one that was the right length and shape, and they copied it pretty well. So why aren't they supplying that one instead? It was the whole idea of the exercise. They told me they had made a few the same and were keeping them in stock for future sales. I'm confused.

On the good side, it sounds great and looks better than Mr Honda's effort, and is about a third of the weight. And much cheaper than Remus, etc. Just needs a heat shield. Have a look at the link Treadtrader mentioned. If I can work out how, I'll post some pics.

Tim

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had my venom can fitted for six months now and well pleased.
Whilst i appreciate the horror stories with wrong size link pipes i can only speak for mine that was fine.
A great exhaust for not much money.:thumbup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice and views, i bit the bullet and ordered one from motad on friday i will let you know if it fits straight out of the box cheers bazza:thumb:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bought one of these just before christmas for my 07a, encountered the same problem with the exhaust touching the indicator, phoned Motad and they sent me the correct one, fitted in 10 min. Sounds great, would recommend.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great insight guys,
I've turned round the mounting bracket, drilled a new hole in it and used a longer bolt and spacer tube to get the right positioning of the can. It is a bit cloer to the indicator than I would have liked, but I can live with it.
The beers are on me!
Bob

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fitted one of these in May this year,had problem with the link pipe but extended the original rear exhaust mounting bracket,so the clamp supplied bolts below the silencer,had no problems misses the indicator by about 3/4 of an inch.

Had several comments from other bikers in Spain about the sound,very nice.

On the whole well worth the money even if it did involve a bit of work.

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Pleased with mine - been on over a year - still looks and sounds good - easy fit but you need to ensure link pipe is twisted around to correct position and I re drilled the Honda rear bracket to get a better fit.

One comment though - it dies pop and baffled on the over run - all sealed up but still does it- may be carburation so gonna check this out next week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts