Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all anybody used one of these end cans do they fit ok and are they quiet thanks in advance:thumbup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
The simple answer to that is, yes they do and no they're not.
There are a few posts on this subject on the site if you do a quick search.:thumbleft:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I will second that....it fits with the correct front link pipe....and sounds awesome, legal (with the insert) but definitely not quiet...

·
Registered
23 Posts
i fitted one about two weeks ago it fitted without any problems i've got a 1995 rd07 the only thing you need to do is make a small bracket to hang from the frame to the end can, without the noise reducer fitted its quite loud comes in handy when filtering through traffic all in all im quite pleased with mine i will have to try it with the noise reducer though as early morning starts are a little loud

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Check out you tube I posted a video of bike with one on

search on Africa Twin motad venom

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all:thumbup: havent made my mind up yet i like the silence i have when riding with the standard exhaust but i know its not going to last forever so looking for a quiet alternative

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi mate, I've just fitted the motad venom and it gives a nice sound, not loud but beefy. Fitting it was easy, the link pipe you'll need has a little kink ( a small s bend), you'll also need to sort yourself a 15-20mm spacer and a M8 x 30mm long bolt to hang it from the original mounting bracket. And maybe a angle grinder to slit the old connecting clamp as the bolt wouldn't shift no matter how much elbow grease was used.

Hope this helps.

Black rd07a.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks i ordered one yesterday the guy i spoke to on the phone was very helpfull. I'm not to keen on how far the can goes past the indicator so i may cut the link pipe down if i can to try and get it to end where the standard can ends so they said they would throw in an extra clamp in case i cant use the springs after my mod should have it monday or tuesday next week:thumb:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi,

Pre and post Motad pictures.....front pipe was shortened as it was from the earlier model and didn't fit...(I took a section out of the middle and got it TIG welded)...hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Radio-active i'm in the process of fitting it so far i've cut 4.5 inches off the link pipe i just got to get it welded now
Its only resting there at the moment got to re weld the link pipe and fit the mounting clamp

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
I've just ordered one for my 2001 RD07a. I'm changing from my existing BSM because it has a crack in the link pipe (easily welded I know), and at £99.99 on eBay it was difficult to resist. I don't mind if the can oversteps the indicator - in fact I hope it does, as the BSM (and worse with a Laser Produro I had fitted to a 600 Transalp) has a slight tendency to melt the indicator lens. Actually, the BSM wasn't that bad for that at all, but the Laser was awful...

Looking forward to getting it on and getting the bike MOT'd!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've just ordered one for my 2001 RD07a. I'm changing from my existing BSM because it has a crack in the link pipe (easily welded I know), and at £99.99 on eBay it was difficult to resist. I don't mind if the can oversteps the indicator - in fact I hope it does, as the BSM (and worse with a Laser Produro I had fitted to a 600 Transalp) has a slight tendency to melt the indicator lens. Actually, the BSM wasn't that bad for that at all, but the Laser was awful...

Looking forward to getting it on and getting the bike MOT'd!
It might be ok on yours mine is a 94 and i think i may have got the wrong link pipe because the can was sticking out past the number plate and almost touching the indicator
oh i forgot to say it is loud even with the baffle in, well loud to me anyway:thumbright:

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
Could be - I'll let you know what mods are needed for it to fit...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lord Stig, I have also just brought one of those off Ebay for my 2000 model.....just crossing my fingers that it fits like a glove as I don't have all the equipment for alterations.

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
Well I have to admit I hope the same! I have tools to cut, but not weld stainless. Still, Motad are British, so even if it doesn't fit, it will not fit in a patriotic wrong way!

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
Proof of the pooding is in the eating, but the pipe just turned up with me - 24 hours after I ordered it! It looks good, and at worst it would mean only having to remove a section of the internal link pipe - no welding involved because it slides inside the can. The spring fittings would mean that the baffle cone would still be held in place even if the pipe were over cut. In any case I shouldn't need to do that if it's the right one, as you say.

The internal baffle cone is an interesting feature; unlike my BSM (and most other pipes with removable baffles), the end apperture will be wide open (no baffle reducing the diameter), looking like a race can. That's basically what it is, since the sound deadening is acheived only by packing - the internal bore is a through pipe with no reflectors like a Laser Produro has. Harder to swap back and forth between baffle/no baffle, but a nice design!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dont get me wrong mine fitted straight on with no mods to the exhaust only fiddling would be with the mounting point for the support strap, it was a bit long though and i'm a fussy bugger and want it just right so i've modded the link pipe as i have access to a tig welder and other manufacturing equipment:thumbright:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts