Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought long and hard about buying a set of these levers as they are quite expensive but the last time I tried to break the bead on my rear Heidenau K60 using a length of wood wedged under the car tyre it broke and I ended up taking the tyre and wheel to a local car tyre place to use their machine to break the bead, OK, it's handy that there was a place open and that they allowed me to use their tackle but If I was out and about I reckon that it's be a case of calling the AA out.

I dug deep and bought a set of these levers and I'm glad to say that they work well and are incredibly light, I managed to break the bead on one side of the rear wheel in around 3 mins and was a bit quicker on the other side and all without any swearing or sweating, the other use of these is as a standard tyre lever and they work as well as any normal lever.

When I called into the shop to pick them up I was hoping to get the cheaper steel ones which are longer and heavier because,
1/ less cost
2/ more leverage but they didn't have any in stock so I bought the alloy ones and I'm glad I did, the leverage is more than adequate and the lighter weight will be appreciated on the world tour that I'm not planning to do.

If you fit your own tyres then they deserve a place in your toolbox.

This link is where I got mine from:
Motion Pro BeadPro Tire Bead Breaker and Lever Tool Set

£68 is what the cost is BTW

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Where did you buy them and how much? Got a link?

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did you buy them and how much? Got a link?
Original post updated Whealie.

I may be going to the national this year, the only sticking point is that it's on my anniversary, the missus said it's not a problem and that I should go but I'm making no promises, If I do go then I'll bring the levers along for folk to try.

·
0 Posts
Original post updated Whealie.

I may be going to the national this year, the only sticking point is that it's on my anniversary, the missus said it's not a problem and that I should go
Ooooh ive heard that line before....:eek:

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And that is why I'm hedging my bets!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts