Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those not coming home on Sunday, who fancies catching the MotoGp over pub lunch somewhere like Kilarney after a ride round the lakes taking in the Gap of Dunloe?

I will be heading upto Naas after that to get a b&b for return ferry Mon am.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'm not doing Tld Nor will I be In Ireland :confused:

But I will be at Silverstone from Thursday for the Moto Gp :sunny::sunny::sunny:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I am getting the ferry back Tuesday 11.45 Belfast .. nothing planned ..

had me at pub lunch :)

as I said .. no plans for Sun Mon are B&Bs easy to get ad hoc in Ireland?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeh, count me in. I'll start heading north afterwards, or maybe sit in the sun getting wrecked and stay put :D

I was a bit gutted I was missing the GP, I would have gone. So next best thing.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right - Twin Burner - your barred! Not jealous - just dont have the ticket fees to fund that trip....side note, do you know u cant park ur bike by ur tent? Something about a lockup onsite...

Raymo - Dysan - It was gonna be a date but now its a party -though I MUST get round the lakes and the Gap of Dunloe first - I think the Brit GP always started late compared to European rounds so if im right it will be about 2pm?

Straight off to Dub after.

·
Registered
145 Posts
on website says 14:55hrs start, i do want to watch it, we are heading to rosslaire sunday night so not sure what route we are taking but lakes sounds good, have to speak to the others first:thumbright:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Raymo - Dysan - It was gonna be a date but now its a party -though I MUST get round the lakes and the Gap of Dunloe first - I think the Brit GP always started late compared to European rounds so if im right it will be about 2pm?

Straight off to Dub after.
got Sunday & Monday free as I am on the 11ish ferry from Belfast so will go with the flow. Not camping so will hunt b&b but bivveyed up so I can doss anywhere being. Like I say no plans but would like to visit Newtongrange

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Lunch and racing in a foreign country. Yep can't beat that.
Can I come

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lunch and racing in a foreign country. Yep can't beat that.
Can I come
More the merrier - you are comin on TLD arent you - would be a bit of a spin for lunch otherwise lol.

Raymo - shouldnt be issues with b&b adhoc - sometimes you need to go from one to another but if ones full, they usually call one close by for you and check availability before sending you there...very friendly like that.

Im planning on heading towards Dub to stay over before gettin to the ferry at 8.20 Mon AM so Newbridge area is good for me if you want to stop there overnight - get there about tea time id say - then head to pub!

2 Q's to ask any b&b - 1. do you have rooms? - 2. is there a pub within stagering distance?

If you dont mind sharing a twin - some hotels will have good deals with pub connected..

·
Registered
894 Posts
Right - Twin Burner - your barred! Not jealous - just dont have the ticket fees to fund that trip....side note, do you know u cant park ur bike by ur tent? Something about a lockup onsite...
£95 for weekend ticket with camping in whittlebury golf club, 300 yrds from silverstone.
surcure parking area on site. so no parking by tents :thumbup:

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
More the merrier - you are comin on TLD arent you - would be a bit of a spin for lunch otherwise lol.

Raymo - shouldnt be issues with b&b adhoc - sometimes you need to go from one to another but if ones full, they usually call one close by for you and check availability before sending you there...very friendly like that.

Im planning on heading towards Dub to stay over before gettin to the ferry at 8.20 Mon AM so Newbridge area is good for me if you want to stop there overnight - get there about tea time id say - then head to pub!

2 Q's to ask any b&b - 1. do you have rooms? - 2. is there a pub within stagering distance?

If you dont mind sharing a twin - some hotels will have good deals with pub connected..
yes on the tld - agree would be a bit of a wander. Say to wife just nipping down the pub with the lads be back.... erm Wednesday next.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Newbridge area is good for me if you want to stop there overnight - get there about tea time I'd say - then head to pub!
Google Maps

arh wrong way .. was planning to head up to Galway area as I am exiting the via Belfast..

didn't think I would have an issue with b&bs but bivvy is a back up

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mmm nice route - Galway, Sligo (stay here..best craic) then Enniskillen and head to the north side of the lough on yer way to Belfast to drop in at Joeys bar in Ballyclare...worth the visit if youve got time.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
mmm nice route - Galway, Sligo (stay here..best craic) then Enniskillen and head to the north side of the lough on yer way to Belfast to drop in at Joeys bar in Ballyclare...worth the visit if youve got time.
Will need to get the detail well that's north Yorkshire 210 miles ant still had 5 liters in the. Tank. Down side 4 hrs in the saddle. Hope the butt can take it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts