Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

Been considering an Airbag jacket and have done a bit of research. So far I have discivered the Helite, Hit-Air, and the expensive Dainese D-air.
They look pretty good, and a great idea but I've never seen one in the UK. I dom't suppose anyone has got one? I'm assuming they are between £200 and £500.

Cheers,

Alex

·
Registered
54 Posts
Are these the ones with the rip cord that attaches to the bike?

If so, think about your mates - How likely are they to be able to resist pulling the rip cord, setting off the airbag, when you are in the pub ??? :joker:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point.

The Dainese one doesn't have a cord. Apparently it works on a small gyroscope in the hjacket. This probably explains the £500 price tag.
I'd be worried about forgetting to detach the cord once I got off the bike.

I have to sayI do like the idea of them.

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
When someone gets off a bike and forgets to detatch the cord connecting their helmet comms to the bike, that is funny. Them doing the same with an airbag ripcord? Priceless :D :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought an airbag jacket jacket from wairbag (http://www.wairbag.com/) at the Excel Bike Show earlier in the year.

I had the misfortune of coming off my bike a couple of weeks ago. I was doing about 60 MPH when a car pulled out on me and i simply had nowhere to go. I managed to avoid the car but came off the bike.

The airbag jacket inflated and absorbed all of the impact and i simply stood up and walked away. Unfortunately my bike was in bits!

I can honestly say I owe my life to my airbag jacket! I would highly recommend them to anyone and would not consider riding without one again.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hello folks,

Been considering an Airbag jacket and have done a bit of research. So far I have discivered the Helite, Hit-Air, and the expensive Dainese D-air.
They look pretty good, and a great idea but I've never seen one in the UK. I dom't suppose anyone has got one? I'm assuming they are between £200 and £500.

Cheers,

Alex
How about this one from SPIDI available from Grandprixlegends £599

Spidi DPS 03 airbag jacket black

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Interesting. And although I'm sorry to hear about your accident, rap, I'm glad the jacket helped. The Wairbag range looks quite neat, but I'd want to try it on before laying out money.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd never heard of these so thanks for pointing them out. :thumbright:

Seem like a good idea but I'd like a bit more reassurance it couldn't go off if I forgot to detach the cord. Which knowing me is highly likely! :rolleyes:

Only please don't tell the government or we'll all be forced to wear them. :hitler:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Just had the April issue of Ride come through the letter and there is atricle on page 82 of an airbag jacket i've never heard of them hit-air shock buffering system.

www.hit-air.com
email: [email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts