Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nice little meet up in March... be a few bikes about I reckon.. he is probably doing this both sides of the pond.. but in case anyone fancies a weekend away, or a trip up to it from around Ireland.

Motorcycle Cinema & Open Weekend

Facebook page, for all you folks who have an account..

https://www.facebook.com/events/195253644234520/

When: 25th & 26th March 2017
Where: AMI Shop in Gorey Business Park

Highlights Include:
- Special screening of Nick Sanders latest film 'Extraordinary Life of an Ordinary Man' (the first in 4 years)
- Ride out with Nick departing the shop at 10.30am on Sat 26th
- New expanded showroom at AMI
- Demo bikes available throughout the weekend
- End of season sales on motorcycle clothing and accessories
- Special offers for 2017 pre-orders
- Presentation of new Overlanders tours for 2017 including South Africa, Adventure Country Tracks Portugal and ....

where is Gorey?
https://www.google.de/maps/place/AMI+Overlanders/@52.666487,-6.3111647,666m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x753a6f03f9b82f71!8m2!3d52.6661285!4d-6.3102595?hl=en

if you are popping over from the UK
Getting there from Dublin, down the M50 -> M11 motorway via Wicklow about 45 mins..
Anyone coming up from Rosslare, use the N11 if you come over via Fishguard its about 1 hour.

Its being run by Overlanders... good company.. had my bike shipped with them before.
Overlanders Motorcycle Holiday Transportation and guided tours, Ireland, UK & Europe

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i enjoy Nicks shows on the telly . fastest man around the world on 2 wheels . I seen one show he led a bunch of lads to Timbuktu on mainly bmw gs 1150's that time I suppose a bit heavy for the sand they were tourateced to the max . too heavy for the job in hand nice bikes I like them but horses for courses and all that a dr 350 with accerbis tank and comfort seat be better or even better still ride there on a camel take a while though but be some buzz all the same . I would love to take the old 1990 transalp there :D I seen an add for that place in Gorey on bike buyers guide looks like a well stocked shop worth a visit at any time if you live hear . I might go there for a can of chain wax when it warms up and the salts all gone off the road a bit far from where im camped but I like far :thumbright:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we would always pop over to his stand at the NEC bike show when we go over... I was amazed the first year seeing that R1 that he rode around the world
and I used to moan about a stiff neck after riding my CBR for a few hours on a nice day.. fair play to him..

be good to head down for a gander to it.. looking forward to better weather and days on the bike

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I never made it to the NEC between shit wages paying rent being fond of sitting on the high stool drinking the shit out of it and all the rest or even our own show in the Dublin RDS only ever went to a few classic shows a few rally's years ago to get drunk and do drugs and leave with either an insane female or the head battered off me :D well i didn't go to get beaten up or pull a whack job it just turned out that way on account of the demon drink causing me to be blacked out so i gave them up as a bad job and to watch road racing a handy few times is all . i suppose in conclusion i am a hasn't been cos i hasn't really been anywhere never made it to the isle of man never rode on the continent or nothing only spinning around the country is all . with a family now i consider myself lucky to have a bike at all a lot of poor ould bastards got their biking balls chopped off when they reproduced . so im not doing too bad at all a bit of weather now and ile be sorted :thumbright:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts