Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Well today I went to be assessed as a trainee motorcycle instructor. What a lovely day to be assessed the best day so far this year for riding. There were four candidates for the assessment all with ten to forty (thats me) years riding experience. We started by discussing the clothing worn for motorcycling and had to give reasons why we bought what we did. Then each of us were given a half hour ride out to be assessed on our riding skills. Glad to say that we all passed with high marks. The assessors were IAM RoSPA examiners who were all DSA approved instructor / examiners. On return we had a working lunch and then we were asked to comment on the type of bike we rode and why we bought them. All were impressed with my XL700VA Transalp. It seems to tick all the boxes for being one of the best bikes to ride. We were then given an outline on how our training would progress. Well thats the first step taken now the fun begins. We will sit in on CBTs and then start by taking one of the CBT modules (under supervision) at a time until we can take all five modules. We then become the instructor and the instructors become awkward trainees to really put us through our paces. Fun starts Saturday. Dave.:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Well done on the first part and good luck with the rest.:thumbup:

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Well sounds like you made the right decision then, well done and good luck for the rest of the course.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Interesting read, and well done. As someone who is still very much 'under instruction' I have the utmost respect for anyone who is able to teach the gentle (but not-so-easy) art of motorcycling. Good luck with the rest of the training, and I hope you enjoy your new role. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

And yes, what a fab day to ride it was. I even managed to take Nessie out for a brief pootle down the road! :cool::sunny:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well done Lulu, hope this is the start of our 'better weather days'. Ride safe now. Dave.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Thanks Dave, Please keep us informed J

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
We then become the instructor and the instructors become awkward trainees to really put us through our paces.
Ah yes. That takes me back. "Kick the bike over" says the trainee instructor. Over it goes - CRASH... :D

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
Ah yes. That takes me back. "Kick the bike over" says the trainee instructor. Over it goes - CRASH... :D
"Carry out a u-turn". The 'pretend' pupil finishes the u-turn by mounting the pavement and passing one side of a bus shelter before dropping back into the road again.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
erm... isn't that how you do U turns then?:rolleyes:
It's probably okay in your bit of europe. Any indiscretions can be solved with the old gallic shrug which can be used as an answer to anything I believe.:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
"Go straight over the roundabout."...........40 tonnes of truck rolls straight through the middle of a roundabout in Hull traffic swerving left and right trying to avoid it! (Teaching Gurkas to drive, they take everything litterally!):eek:ccasion8:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alls well as long as they don't draw their knife.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Done a riding assessment today to become an instructor. Covered braking with out ABS and with ABS, slow manoeuvres, turning a GSA in a 6.5 meter circle:thumbup: We then looked at riding position, speed, junctions knackerd now only been riding 5 hrs. Next month its A,B,C Roads, planning over taking.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Done a riding assessment today to become an instructor. Covered braking with out ABS and with ABS, slow manoeuvres, turning a GSA in a 6.5 meter circle:thumbup: We then looked at riding position, speed, junctions knackerd now only been riding 5 hrs. Next month its A,B,C Roads, planning over taking.:thumbup:

What like the ride to LLandovery :toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:

Good on yer J have thought about this myself but I havnt had my license for long enough yet, got to have it for 3 yrs :D good luck and keep us posted :thumbup:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
What like the ride to LLandovery :toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:

When did we ride to LLandovery?

That one with Young Phil Kin Obi :D. Thought that was more like Pod racing like on Tatooine

In this picture you can clearly see me and one of of the sexually confused Trannies:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Had my second days training yesterday and we covered more on road positions, cornering at speed, limit points, estimating distances whilst travelling at speed, correct use of mirrors and life savers. fantastic day out learnt loads, I think most riders need advanced training to enhance their skills. 8 hrs in the saddle concentrating all the time is absolutely knackering. next one next month.:icon_smile:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Had my second days training yesterday and we covered more on road positions, cornering at speed, limit points, estimating distances whilst travelling at speed, correct use of mirrors and life savers. fantastic day out learnt loads, I think most riders need advanced training to enhance their skills. 8 hrs in the saddle concentrating all the time is absolutely knackering. next one next month.:icon_smile:
Doing a full days training when doing my DAS left me knackered... Constantly concentrating for long periods sure does take it's toll.

Keep up the good work.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Well done J

You're right about the extra training for most riders. There's always something that you can pick up and the more training you have generally the safer / smoother / and more progressive you ride, which makes it all more enjoyable :thumbright:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts