Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SOTGATT
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a review 'cos I've not used it in anger yet but as I posted it up on ABR....

Bought one of these off of the bay...

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11401.m516.l1123...3AL%3AOU%3AGB%3A1123

Very little assembly required...It's already been thrown together with pins and spring clips.
Safety stop lugs too small to trust and one side not engaging.....twisted it to work.

Quality?...Chinese but adequate, I think/hope.

Tried once quickly on the DR350 and doesn't get the back wheel off the ground but it's workable. Lot of travel on the DR I suppose.
Lot steadier than my usual lash up.

They make a more heavy duty one that lifts the same weight but has a wider base and lifts about 4cms higher....would've been better and I was tempted, just didn't want to crowd the garage more than necessary.

Haven't tried it on the Alp but I think it'll get that off the deck (has a centre stand anyway).

The Americana interested me but seemed to take up a lot of space....what do I know eh ?

P.S. Just wondering if I could slip it under the front of my daughters old MX5 and pop it up to see under there (I won't rely on it).
What do you think?

·
My Blue Beast
756 Posts
Not really a review 'cos I've not used it in anger yet but as I posted it up on ABR....

Bought one of these off of the bay...

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11401.m516.l1123...3AL%3AOU%3AGB%3A1123

Very little assembly required...It's already been thrown together with pins and spring clips.
Safety stop lugs too small to trust and one side not engaging.....twisted it to work.

Quality?...Chinese but adequate, I think/hope.

Tried once quickly on the DR350 and doesn't get the back wheel off the ground but it's workable. Lot of travel on the DR I suppose.
Lot steadier than my usual lash up.

They make a more heavy duty one that lifts the same weight but has a wider base and lifts about 4cms higher....would've been better and I was tempted, just didn't want to crowd the garage more than necessary.

Haven't tried it on the Alp but I think it'll get that off the deck (has a centre stand anyway).

The Americana interested me but seemed to take up a lot of space....what do I know eh ?

P.S. Just wondering if I could slip it under the front of my daughters old MX5 and pop it up to see under there (I won't rely on it).
What do you think?
don`t see why not. you ain`t lifting the whole car on it? or are you?:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:. i`ve got one of them ( don`t use it much now, invested on a full lift like Boris) but i used to plonk 2 pieces of 4x2 on the `flats` and bobs ya uncle, even on me old alp. ( should do ya dr the same way too ). i think apart from `normal` road bikes, they are mainly aimed at cruisers more than any. choice is yours...only telling you how i did it meself ( covering me ar$e ) cheers Ade

·
Senior Consulting Member
1,982 Posts
Got one of these last year and it had no problem lifting the XL (with 2 x 4's as mentioned above) or my 1100GS. I also used it to prop up my shed ( to evict some rats). I don't think it'll have a problem with your daughters car :thumbup:

·
SOTGATT
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chaps...no. 2 son is a fencer so plenty of wood around.....who knows...maybe I'll dig out that router I've never used and tailor make some 'fillets'. :)

Looking at it I think lifting the MX5 may not pan out...pulls towards itself as it lifts.
Perhaps I'll use the trolley jack and axle stands now I'm not balancing motorbikes on them.....:confused:..:grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts