Discussion Starter #1
A mate of mine built this one.
Parts from cars and mopeds.

We loaded it ful of Herring, potatoes and beer and drove out to:

Midsummer time you know. :p

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Very swish Kjell, see your mate put a lot of thinking into that, nice one. Not my cup of tea, but good work none the less :thumbup:

I expect the Kraut will be along shortly

" Oh yes, I vant vun of deez ---- CHAAAAAAAADDDDDD , vear are you ??? " :hitler::D:D

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
very clever bit of work and a handy bit of tarpaulin would keep a load dry . :thumbright:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Help me here , I don't understand how it's bolted to the swinging arm , can it hinge at that linkage?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Looking at those photos makes me want to take another trip to Sweden, which part do you live in.:thumbup:
That trailer looks like it could hold quite a few cases of beer , nice bit of kit.
Does it have to be type approved like in Denmark?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just outside Göteborg (Gothenburg)

The regulations here in Sweden has changed for trailers connected to motorcycles.

A lot of Harley people bought PAV40 or 41 single wheel trailers and hooked them to their machines, and they were considered to be part of the bike and therefore not to be type approved, and no registration number either.
Then new rules evolved stipulating that the hook needed to be type approved, so no one could trail anymore.
Then a few companys started to manufacture approved motorcycle hooks, so now you could have a trailer connected again as long as you use a type approved towinghook.

This specific trailer has no hook. Therefore the Police and the MOT do not know what to do about it.

The Police usually just keeps staring at it, and if they ask for the type certificate for the towing hook my mate just explains that it has no hook. :p
So far so good, and no tickets has been issued.

The trailer was built just as a design practice to see if it could be done.

I have seen him drive at speeds exceeding 150 km/h on bendy roads and it follows the bike just perfect.

I think the maximum speed for bikes with trailers is 80 km/h here in Sweden.

/Kjell

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
You dont see trailers on bikes in Denmark unless they are tourists passing through because trailers are not type approved,
We are not even allowed to modify our bikes without getting type approval.
The flat tracker that I am slowly building will never be allowed on the road because of the welding modification that was made to the frame and especially the USD forks I bought for it.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

one for Lowflyer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts