Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a man that hasn't had a TV for well over 10 years, a movie review is probably a bit odd.

As I have far too many women to please, and not enough money to treat them all to the cinema, I tend to watch my movies online (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)

I've seen quite a few current and yet-to-be-released in the UK films recently, and just thought I'd give you all a thumbs up or thumbs down on them.

Inglorious Basterds - Enjoyable, but I had to watch it twice for bits I missed

The Book of Eli - Very enjoyable and a nice twist

The Road - Hmmm not sure, a bit frightening actually

The Edge of Darkness - Mel Gibson has still got it, very enjoyable.

Enid - Perhaps this childrens book writer wasn't such an angel, but good

The Lovely Bones - Great, but sad story, that brought a tear to my eye

Shutter Island - Wasn't great quality, but the film was pretty good.

The Hurt Locker - Great film

Crazy Heart - A Great Film, and made for Jeff Bridges. I wanna be Jeff AND have his hypercool GMC Suburban

Precious - Oh my God, I struggled to stop myself crying at some points, I am such a wuss

Most of them are well worth a visit to the cinema to see them on the BIG SCREEN.

Happy Viewing Folks !!

:thumbup:

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Precious - Oh my God, I struggled to stop myself crying at some points, I am such a wuss

Crikey I just watched the trailer for that! :( can I join you on the wuss bench! :rolleyes:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
EDGE OF DARKNESS
bet it wont be anywhere near as good as the tv series with bob peck

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
watched these over the last week Inglorious basterds fantasticio

Inglorious Basterds
- Enjoyable, but I had to watch it twice for bits I missed
" I can speak Italian Bonjorno" best line in the film:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

District 9-
very good and weird film, there are several stories in the film :thumbup:

Hurt locker
- fantastic :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blimey, I forgot about District 9. I thought that was brilliant (and I'm not really a Sci-Fi fan at all)

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
Anyone seen Legion? (with Paul Bettany), didn't get it at all.........am I alone in that?:confused:

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
Haven't seen that one yet Don, I may give it a go tonight and let you know.

Is my room ready yet?

Of course, but the tea's cold(!), I'll go make some more!:D

-Unfortunately on the bike side, the speedo cable's down on the AT, waiting for a Wemoto red cross package to arrive. The Katie's also waiting for a new 17" rear rim (downsized from the original 18", due to unavailability of any stock tyres), from the dealer in Manila. (Ho Hum:rolleyes:) So I presume you wouldn't mind slouching around the pool with Gin & Tonics, in the mean time?!:D)

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Yup ive seen Legion.

It's certainly a weird one, it's something along the lines of god loses faith in the human race so turns everyone into zomby like creatures, it's something to do with angels. These angels though are pretty damn nasty and one does not agree with whats going on and so decides to protect an unborn child that for some reason if born will save mankind.

Theres enough action in it to keep it kind of interesting on a rainy day if your bored and i only watched it coz it had Randy Quad in and he was the only name i recognised so thought it might be good.

Come to think of it, it's crap.

Watch Armoured instead, it's predictable but still entertaining. It's got a decent cast too, Laurence Fishburne, Skeet Ulrich, Matt Dillon, Jean Runo, Milo Ventimiglia, Fred Ward and Amoury Nolasco. They are a bunch of armed guards doing truck routes who decide to rob one but things dont go as planned and things turn from bad to worse. It gets going quite quickly and the pace does not let up and it's quite entertaining.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have just watched the film Watchmen. It had a costumed female in it that would look good as BobA avatar.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Saw The Blind Side with Sandra B*ll*cks on Sunday. That ain't no Oscar winning performance:confused:. American formulatic tripe! Might've helped if I knew American footy rules?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Saw The Blind Side with Sandra B*ll*cks on Sunday. That ain't no Oscar winning performance:confused:. American formulatic tripe! Might've helped if I knew American footy rules?
They have to cover a distance of 10 yards within the four attempts.
Their touchdown is getting to the other end and doing a rain dance.
They then do a conversion similar to Rugby.

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
Ah okay, saw the title and thought it was something to do with guide dogs....I'll get my coat.:D

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
..I presume you wouldn't mind slouching around the pool with Gin & Tonics, in the mean time?!:D)

Sounds great to me, I never liked all that motorcycle stuff anyway!!

I presume I would be able to find someone to rub sunny onto my back?? :razz:

(One day, I will call your bluff young man!!!!)

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
I presume I would be able to find someone to rub sunny onto my back?? :razz:

(One day, I will call your bluff young man!!!!)

Bob, they're starting to queue up as we speak. :D

Anytime mate, anytime!:thumbup:

·
Registered
924 Posts
The Road - Hmmm not sure, a bit frightening actually
Cracking film, but talk about relentlessly depressing, jesus... :confused: :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts