Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in maputo, mozambique, my homeland. I´ve been here for a week and have seen 3 bikes. 1 xl 125 and 2 jap racers. Don´t peaple use real bikes here? I´m leaving tuesday morning back to Portugal.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
i am in maputo, mozambique, my homeland. I´ve been here for a week and have seen 3 bikes. 1 xl 125 and 2 jap racers. Don´t peaple use real bikes here? I´m leaving tuesday morning back to Portugal.
Poverty may come into play when it comes to owning a luxurious m'cycle there. Sounds like a beautiful country though.

home

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for a reply. It´s 21.35 h at the hotel not much to do on a sunday night. I´m leaving on Tuesday morning. Mozambique is a beautiful country but unfortunatley not very visited.

Victor

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Yep,i been to Maputo:thumbup:
Do they still have this beautyfull coffeeshop/restaurant/pastryshop on the mainroad down town(Avinda de 25 Sep.).Its on a streetcorner(just can not remember the name)used to sit outside for hours watching people
Must say did not see any bikes then but that was in1990. Did you do some traveling in Moz? I was lucky enough to visit the Paradise Islands(?) near Vilancoulos

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Pete is there any where you have not been? I was impressed by your last post.

Have you been to the Scilly isles?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Varadero Explorer
237 Posts
I grew up hearing stories of civil war and untold horrors in Mozambique but several years ago I met a chap from Biera(?) who told me the delights of the country and how Mozambique had been used and abused for many years by other countries.
Its on a long, long list of places I'd love to visit :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I´m late. Since I´ve been back I haven´t been to the site. I can´t confirm if the restaurant is still there but I spent several afternoons at the Cristal restaurant on 24 de Julho Av., across from the highschool, watching traffic go by. I was there 3 years ago and there has been some noticeable progress since then. More construction, cleaner streets, better cars, new hotels etc. The people are friendly, although they were probably better off before the independence. Still too much poverty. Went to South African border and didn´t venture to the north this time. Last time went to São Martinho do Bilene, a couple of hours drive north of Maputo, a beatiful bay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts