Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had to use my Hayabusa to get to work as the xt660 is buggered so is the xtz750 and the pick up is being serviced and having a new cam belt... anyway the last time I used the Busa was the Wooton Bassett ride out and it was filled up 61 miles from home, this morning I topped it up and it took £14.70 worth of fuel which works out at an impressive 23mpg...

I knew I was "making progress" but I'm quite surprised at that figure...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Hi SuperNintendo Chalmers
248 Posts
impressive 23mpg...

I get that out of the jeep, and a v impressive 76 Mpg out of the Baby dero, ,lol

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Control your right hand young man.

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
you probably also used close to £14.70 worth of tyres too.

My mate had a 'busa - £150 per tyre, 2000 mile per rear tyre, about 3,000 from the front - thats 3 tyres in 6000 miles at £450 = 7.5p per mile in tyres!!!:shock: He sold it and now has a CX500:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Hmmmmmm something about the amount of failing vehicles at your household is telling me that the common denominator is YOU!!!!

Slow down you loon!

My old truck gets more MPG than than your high speed rice rocket!!

:toothy7:

·
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmmmmm something about the amount of failing vehicles at your household is telling me that the common denominator is YOU!!!!

Slow down you loon!

My old truck gets more MPG than than your high speed rice rocket!!

:toothy7:
yeah but your truck wont do 110mph in second gear.......

anyway the xtz 750 is in having a leaky gasket replaced and the rear shock refurbished and the xt660 is in having the following warranty work - new fuel tank, new spokes, new regulator/rectifier, and a new loom.

on the bright side the truck hasnt broke yet......

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
yeah but your truck wont do 110mph in second gear.......

anyway the xtz 750 is in having a leaky gasket replaced and the rear shock refurbished and the xt660 is in having the following warranty work - new fuel tank, new spokes, new regulator/rectifier, and a new loom.

on the bright side the truck hasnt broke yet......

My old truck won't do 110mph IN ANY GEAR!!!!! :toothy9:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
and the xt660 is in having the following warranty work - new fuel tank, new spokes, new regulator/rectifier, and a new loom.
I see Yamaha's quality control ha come on in leaps and bounds then. :confused:

·
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, so am I...... its either gonna be a KTM Adventure, a GS 12 Adventure or another Tiger next or a diesel car depending on how pissed off I am........

oh yeah, the cush drive rubbers are knackered again after 8000 miles. warranty again.......

1 - 20 of 29 Posts