Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just buried an uncle. Elderly man, farmer, hard as nails. Never a days sick in his 80 odd years - typical farmer mindset, didnt hold with all those quacks and illness malarky. He had an accident - Went into hospital for an operation - and mrsa got him.

The hospital he went into was my local hospital growing up. It had a world class reputation when I was a child. Medics and nurses came from all over the world to train, teach and practice there.

However, the Hygiene Service Assessment Scheme report dated this october, rates the hospital as poor.

The ratemyhospital website has hundreds of comments basically saying the place is the most filthy, disgusting, and demoralising place they have ever been in and the building, which domineers the town, needs burning to the ground.

Mixed in with the inevitable sadness, specially at this time if year, is now a large amount of anger that a once world renowned clinical practice has been reduced to this.

And to cap it all my mothers fallen and broken her arm.

Needless to say she did not spend one second longer than necessary in the hospital. The last screw was barely turned in her arm when she was in my sisters car outa there.

Sad.

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
'Tis a sad state we're in. Having a loved one in hospital is not totally reassuring.
Staff are mostly wonderful, but it strikes me the reason we may have this problem is the cleaning contractors are paid massive amounts but pay minimum wage to those doing a very important, but unpleasant job.

Shame about your uncle, did your mum fall off the back of your bike???!!!

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He was one of lifes characters. Mad as a bag of snakes. The social skills of a lion with a toothache.... kept himself to himself, wished noone ill, only ever minded his own business......Few years ago a few scrotes sussed he lived on his own in an isolated farmhouse and as was the trend then, went to turn him over.

He only met them with a 12 gauge and a .22mm.

When the gardai said to him the s**t he would have been in if he'd actually shot them, he said, you're not insinuating I missed them are ya. He had apparently discharged both barrels and then emptied the rifle and he would not accept that not one shot hit them :D

That was the sorta bloke he was - as likely to meet you with a shotgun as a cuppa depending on the mood he was in. :D And he wasnt bluffing !!!

He'd no electricity coz he refused to pay and no running indoor water coz he wouldnt pay for that either :D

He was found under a gate in one of his fields - it'd fallen on top of him - he'd been there a few days before someone found him - broken hip - see what I mean by hard as nails - he'd have fought them tooth and nail not to take him into a hospital, saying when you go into those places ya never come back out ........ oh the irony of how right he was in his case ...

.... and all because infection control seems to be a thing of the past - and why???? for the sake of a few quid, and a bit of best practice, thats all .......

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
He was one of lifes characters. Mad as a bag of snakes. The social skills of a lion with a toothache.... kept himself to himself, wished noone ill, only ever minded his own business......Few years ago a few scrotes sussed he lived on his own in an isolated farmhouse and as was the trend then, went to turn him over.

He only met them with a 12 gauge and a .22mm.

When the gardai said to him the s**t he would have been in if he'd actually shot them, he said, you're not insinuating I missed them are ya. He had apparently discharged both barrels and then emptied the rifle and he would not accept that not one shot hit them :D

That was the sorta bloke he was - as likely to meet you with a shotgun as a cuppa depending on the mood he was in. :D And he wasnt bluffing !!!

He'd no electricity coz he refused to pay and no running indoor water coz he wouldnt pay for that either :D

He was found under a gate in one of his fields - it'd fallen on top of him - he'd been there a few days before someone found him - broken hip - see what I mean by hard as nails - he'd have fought them tooth and nail not to take him into a hospital, saying when you go into those places ya never come back out ........ oh the irony of how right he was in his case ...

.... and all because infection control seems to be a thing of the past - and why???? for the sake of a few quid, and a bit of best practice, thats all .......
tis a sad day mate he sounded like somone i would get on like a house on fire with:cool:...christ so many people in the nhs are busting their balls to do a good job and the dickheads up top are just ****ing it for them whoever thought putting accountants in charge was a good idea wants a dose of the old boys 12gauge:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts