Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone any idea as to the best Multibike insurance ( when i say multibike its only Two) My Beloved Varadero and A Ducati 750SS.
Insurance due in August, just wondering on best options.

Sharpy

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Carol Nash do multi bike. It's who I am with now so they must be ok. Previously was with Bikesure but didn't like the way they handled a change of bike so left them.

There's loads out there just get the quotes, read the policy and decide which one is best - which may not necessarily be the cheapest.

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I'm with Carol Nash too and have been for years

Is that Duke an old 750SS

You will need the Carol Nash as you will get breakdown cover on the bike too - some providers won't cover bikes over a certain age

I have 2 ATs on mine - an 11 yr old and a 23 yr old

I could add the DR on too for very small change

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
have multi with hastings, 3 years no-claims, garaged, locks etc. £140, BUT... NO EUROPEAN BREAKDOWN WITH A BIKE OVER 13 YEARS & NO UK COVER IF 20+ YEARS OLD, BUMMER!! '[email protected] & '[email protected], hmm is that

a spare reg plate in the backbox i see? :laughing6:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have used "E Bike" for the last 4 + years.......have 4 bikes on it.
Used CN for years with a multi bike policy, then the cost started going up & up, so changed.

The good thing I find with E Bike is the options menu so you can add on all the little mods to your machine...saves trying to explain it to some numpty on the phone ! :D
Good price as well.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have used E-Bike for a few years, online changes easy, change of bike easy often no charge if of similar type whereas many charge £20-30 to change. Only 4 bikes on a policy now, used to be more.
Rates appear competitive, for me, especially with cheap changes and I suppose if it all goes pear-shape they are near enough to hammer on the door, as if that would do any good
Never made a claim but have used the recovery (less than 1 hour) which was better than my experience with the RAC 10? years ago, 1 hour for van, did not do bikes! and another 2 hours for a truck. Both breakdowns Harleys both near Badminton.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I have mine with Bikesure i have the Varadero and my EC on the same policy. FC maximum no claims with green cover and protection and covered to ride any motorcycle, did take some of the whistles and bells off it as they weren't really needed think it was about £180 if i remember correctly and i may not

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
reviving an oldish thread as I will soon be looking to renew my multibike insurance and changes appear to have occurred over the last 20 months.
Currently with Ebike, however since their website crash the ease of making changes or at least seeing the insurance implication of changes has gone and they now have a phone line that was £1/min but now appears to be normal rate.
Are there any multibike insurers that offer the online facility that ebike used to offer.
At first glance many of the online multibike policies appear not to be multibike after wading through n pages of questions.
The real 'online' multibike policies appear to be phone only when you get into the site.
At least the call centres appear to be onshore so you have a reasonable chance of understanding the advisor & they you.
At the moment only have the TA and Scrambler but may need the facility to add another.

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
Just FYI, I have a six wheel policy with CN. That's multi bike plus car. Basically the car insurance is added but you pay no broker fees.
I know it didn't answer your online question, but I have a degree in tangential journeys:D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
just to add a note. ive a '98 & '90 at. not too bad a multibike policy £180 inc roadside recovery, homestart, europe etc. I was going to see grandads grave in Normandy & phoned to tell them to start the 90 day euro thingy. May have been luck but the guy on t'other end of the phone informed me that even though they sold me the Breakdown recovery, they'ed forgotten to tell me bike over 10years old no recovery/help in Europe, & bikes over 20 years old...i wouldn't get help in the UK!!!! Could have left me in the shite, wierd how the rd04 has a spare regpla## in the backbox. luckily i've only needed them once in 6 years Snapped chain (now only use did zvmx) maybe worth a check next time you're on the phone with your insurers. I'm with hastings.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
For my older bikes over 20 years old I use a classic multibike agreed value policy currently with Peter James but had been with Footman James for years until they upped their charges this year, PJ was £140 & FmJ £210 for 5 bikes including 95 HD FLHTCU (now qualifies). Had been with Carol Nash until about 10 years ago when FmJ gave cheaper rate.
Do you get a rate reduction if the bike(s) don't qualify for breakdown? I tried to get quotes with no breakdown, I have RAC cover anyway, and most companies said it could not be removed or there was no price reduction.

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Ihad great cover & price from CN on their medern & classic policy which is for up to 6 bikes 10yrs or older, only left when they couldn't add business use to that policy. Currently with bikesure.

Phil

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Well I have gone with CN in the end for my modern multibike policy.
Quite a few other multibike policies were more expensive than doing 2 bikes separately!
Tried CN they initially quoted me more the 2 single policies when I pointed that out they came back with a good quote that I took.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts