1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
i found when i listen to stuff like that when spannering i end up with sheared bolts and bits of bike scatterd everywhere:D:D:D:D:D

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
erm yeah - if somethings not going right or is stuck it can be bad :D

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
If i listened to that in the garage I would have to leave ,go and have a cup of tea in the kitchen, and come back when its finished.:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
My iPod throws out a bizarre mix but I won't be adding that one I'm afraid.

Apart from getting CD versions of my old punk favourites, my main purchases recently have been old reggae collection - most of the Trojan box sets, for example.

So my garage time is often pretty mellow, with a bit Skinhead Moonstomp or ska about as lively as it gets.

·
17,680 Posts
If i listened to that in the garage I would have to leave ,go and have a cup of tea in the kitchen, and come back when its finished.:D
yeah you hardcore weather girls fan you:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Cheers Chad i now have a picture of wheelie in a Disco in a white suite,and a fat necklace.....................No won't go away.

·
17,680 Posts
Better than Disturbed
"Its Rainin Men. Halleulia its raing men":D
Is it in your head yet go on humm it
stop it ya bastid:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
"disturbed" appropriate name methinks:) its not what id play whislt trying to fix my bike, its more like music for raggin the nuts off it :happy7:
this week i have mostly been listening to ronnie lane

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
Heres my latest band i discovered a few months ago 'Disturbed'

I find them very therapuetic whilst spannering, but the wife and neighbours dont approve (i have to shut the shed door) enjoy :D..............

its an old vid ! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctDebZNXQOs&feature=related
God I love the early stuff :D David looked like a proper nutter back then :toothy3::toothy3::toothy3:.

Personally however, when out in the shed I prefer a bit of country/rock, so Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Jerry Cantrell etc. Unless the neighbours are out in the garden and making too much noise, then I crank up Slayer and Slipknot as loud as it will go until they **** off out :D :D :D

·
21st Century Schizoid Man
2,428 Posts
i found when i listen to stuff like that when spannering i end up with sheared bolts and bits of bike scatterd everywhere:D:D:D:D:D
That happens to me too :D

It works the other way around too - my young 'un was killing people on one of those world wide war game thingies and I was playing some Charlie Mingus and he says "that's just too laid back and groovy and it's stopping me killing people" :cool::angel4::cool:

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Sounded a bit contrived and weak apart from the affected growly bits, think I'll stick to Foos and Licken Pork for now, mind I'm not usually allowed anything on in the garage unless next door puts Roy Orbison on again.

Steve, my kids think my taste in music is a bit "mild" if I put anything "groovy and mellow" on they would just turn the growly monsters up, Ninja something has taken over from World of Warcraft, it would have to be something ultra-chill to stop them slicing monsters up with a katana (sword that is not the old Suzuki)

S

·
0 Posts
Only ever listen to Five live in the shed, can't be doing with music whilst tinkering. Love to listen to sports commentators enthusing, great stuff.

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
No stereo in the shed, but I wonder what would happen if I put on some Gogol Bordello while spannering... Works pretty well while doing "real" work.

Haven't dared putting this (or anything, really) on while riding, I remember riding the bicycle to school while walkman-equipped and I don't have a death wish. ;-)

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jv3b0VKec8

·
2,428 Posts
snip
Steve, my kids think my taste in music is a bit "mild" if I put anything "groovy and mellow" on they would just turn the growly monsters up, Ninja something has taken over from World of Warcraft, it would have to be something ultra-chill to stop them slicing monsters up with a katana (sword that is not the old Suzuki)
:D:D, he'll be 21 in September, so he already looks old school to the generation behind him :iconbiggrin:

·
2,428 Posts
No stereo in the shed, but I wonder what would happen if I put on some Gogol Bordello while spannering... Works pretty well while doing "real" work.

Haven't dared putting this (or anything, really) on while riding, I remember riding the bicycle to school while walkman-equipped and I don't have a death wish. ;-)

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jv3b0VKec8
Cool - like that!
I have the same trouble with Rajid Taha :cool:

·
Registered
528 Posts
O.K.:( I think I must have had a rather sheltered childhood;)

I'm afraid I'd be listening to things like Queen, Chris Rhea, Supertramp, Bon Jovi, most jazz and yup, I do partake of the classics as well, nothing like a bit of Handel or Bach to get things going, or Vivaldi and even Mozart:cool::cool::cool:

The only screaming I hear is when the missus comes across another bill for bits on my bike or more tools:rolleyes: or occasionally when.......;) nah, never mind:angel7:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts