Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I need a hug!
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to personal/health reasons I am sadly selling my Africa Twin, most of you know my bike but here is the spec:-

NOW SOLD
  • 1997 (R) RD07A.
  • 26,000. miles.
  • Full service history.
  • 12 months Tax.
  • 12 months MOT, from date of sale.
  • IMS footpegs.
  • Centre stand.
  • Alloy chainguard.
  • Motad Venom exhaust and stainless heat shield.
  • Stainless side plates.
  • Pannier racks and alloy panniers.
  • Givi and honda topbox racks.
  • Hi and Lo screens.
  • Those wonderful alloy engine bars
  • Scottoiler.
  • Facet fuel pump.
  • Ricki cross style front rack (the one I made).
  • Datatool alarm and Datatag.
  • 12v socket.
  • Brand new Distanzia tyres.
  • All spare keys, handbook, workshop manual and history.
  • All original parts will go with the bike.
. :( SOLD :(

Please note, the tripmaster has an intermittent fault needs caps replacing, this is a very reluctant sale so no timewasters and none of the above will be sold seperately, please don't ask.

The RAM SatNav mount is not included in sale.

Feel free to PM me for more info.

There are Pics on my Photo album and I will add more here ASAP.

Many thanks. Rog.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
That's sad Rog.

Hope you get yourself sorted, mate.

·
I need a hug!
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Chris, I am gutted Mate but hey, that's life.

Rog.:(

·
Do you have any cheese?
313 Posts
That's a right kick in the happy sacks that!

The bike is an absolute beauty and I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling it, I hope that you are not too bad and are able to get another twin at some point!:thumbup:

Chin up Rog! :eek:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Really sorry to hear that Rog

Hope you're back to normal soon

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Absolute bargain!!!, sorry to hear of this Roger as I now how much you love the AT.........don't be a stranger on the forum though mate:thumbup:

·
I need a hug!
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words guys, no I will still be around, the engine bars are factory made but I don't know who by, all I know is they are wonderful beefy alloy jobbies and I could have sold them a million times since Iv'e had the bike.

Rog.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Oh Rog! That is the saddest news... look after yourself m8. Hope you are better soon and don't have to sell it. (fingers crossed):confused:

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Sorry to hear your bad news Rog. :(

Hope things turn round for you soon mate. :thumbleft:

And ditto on the keep in touch mssage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi there,

Sorry, but I am new to this blog. It sounds that this is a pretty bad time for you. I do hope things work out for you in the future. I am extremely interested in your AT and if it is the right bike, then I will give it a good home; I have been riding bikes for the best part of 30+ years. Are you anywhere near Salisbury, Wiltshire? Does the bike have any rust, in particular, around the lower monoshock mounts/arms and the lower engine mounts; i.e. the underside of the engine?

All the best, Jim Hazou (07824 358410).

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Jeeezus Rog'

Never thought I'd see the day you sold your AT.

I wish you a super-speedy recovery to whatever has forced you to come to what I'm guessing was a difficult choice. You've been missed around here big fella :(

In a way, I don't want you to sell the bike, as I can't imagine you without it, but to anyone considering buying it, I can vouch that it's very clean and Rog' is fastidious about keeping it in tip-top condition.

Great bloke, great bike.

Bob :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Morning all,

I dropped the owner, Roger, a post yesterday, but haven't had a reply as yet. I am very interested in viewing the bike, but understand from the posts that this might be difficult to do so at the moment. If anyone is in contact with Roger, or likely to see him in the next couple of days could they inform him that a guy in Salisbury, Wiltshire is very keen to see the bike. I work 2 weeks on, 2 off and my rotation is coming up on the 25th April. As a result I was hoping to ID a suitable bike beforehand.

Thanks in advance and here's to a speedy recovery.

Cheers,

Jim

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
A real shame Rog.:(

I've seen this bike a few times and it's a winner.:thumbup:....wish i had enough cash I'd snap it up.:thumbright:

All the best Rog.:teeth::teeth:.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Soho just told me this Rog.....sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi there,

I have been trying to make contact regarding the purchase of your bike. Is it still up for sale? I would be most grateful if you could drop me a line as I would like to arrange to come up and view the bike. I understand from your profile that you live in Nottingham, well I am in Salisbury, about 4 hours away on a good run. My email is [email protected]. Best regards, Jim

·
I need a hug!
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi there,

I have been trying to make contact regarding the purchase of your bike. Is it still up for sale? I would be most grateful if you could drop me a line as I would like to arrange to come up and view the bike. I understand from your profile that you live in Nottingham, well I am in Salisbury, about 4 hours away on a good run. My email is [email protected]. Best regards, Jim

Hi Jim.

I have emailed you my contact details, speak soon.

Regards. Rog.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts