Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got her now a month last tuesday and done 2200 miles:D:D
I am sure my bike misses the good old days when she only did 5200 miles in a year and was never dirty or out in the rain:D:D
So far everything still working and nothing has fallen of or me fallen over:thumbup:

but my luggage situation is getting worse:rolleyes:
BMW send me a new key for my old paniers:thumbup:
Did not fit:(
Now my givi topbox will not open anymore.Managed to bend the key while trying.Somehow my patience runs a bit low after a 12 hour working day when i want to get home:rolleyes:
Does anyone know if you can buy replacement locks for giviboxes?

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts

I've done 3K in 2 months :thumbup:

AND

I think I have a spare lock with 2 keys for a Honda topbox. You are welcome to it if it will fit.

I'll go and look

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I think I have a spare lock with 2 keys for a Honda topbox. You are welcome to it if it will fit.

I'll go and look

Found it. It only has one key but it should fit. PM me your address again and I'll put it in the post this morning.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
This is how it all began with the multitude of "final drive" posts.

Are "locks and keys" going to be the new disaster with this man!!!!!?????

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Assuming the locks are open then you can re-key them easily. In fact any idiot with the merest technical competence could probably do it. But in your case I would as Chad as you will no doubt end up locked out your house.

As for the Givi lock I'm sending you. Don't remove the key from the lock until you have fitted it in the box otherwise there will be springs and plates everywhere.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Assuming the locks are open then you can re-key them easily. In fact any idiot with the merest technical competence could probably do it. But in your case I would as Chad as you will no doubt end up locked out your house.

As for the Givi lock I'm sending you. Don't remove the key from the lock until you have fitted it in the box otherwise there will be springs and plates everywhere.
I am sure there is a insult in there somewhere:rolleyes::D

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I am sure my bike misses the good old days when she only did 5200 miles in a year and was never dirty or out in the rain:D:D
So far everything still working and nothing has fallen of or me fallen over:thumbup:

Now my givi topbox will not open anymore.Managed to bend the key while trying.Somehow my patience runs a bit low after a 12 hour working day when i want to get home:rolleyes:
My Givi E45 got broke into a few years ago and a new lock barrel and key was £12 + postage from Givi through my dealer

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone(even you cabby:rolleyes::D)but i think i am sorted:thumbleft:

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts

Somehow my patience runs a bit low after a 12 hour working day when i want to get home:rolleyes:
Ahh I thought that was you in a hurry on the A13 riding like a maniac a little while ago :scratch: :D

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ahh I thought that was you in a hurry on the A13 riding like a maniac a little while ago :scratch: :D
Sorry,i normally do not hold traffic up like that but i had to slow down for a mate on a "Mini Moto":D or something like that.He is a bit on the slow side and i did not want to loose him:rolleyes::D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Oh YEAH BABY:toothy7::blob5::blob5:

The colour scheme looks fabulous. But you have fogoten the spray on Mud, Tar, road salt and dead school kids.:D:D:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts