Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now im a member heres the 1st blooper :smile: ooops ... posted pics twice .. don't know how ... the black and gold @ is my 1st purchase at under £300 but with broken rear pot , the black silver and white @ is a the runner for less than £800 ... just wondering if I should bring them both over to UK to do a proper rebuild on them both then take one back over and keep one in uk to play with ?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Nice brace of AT's there Rich, never heard anyone calling 2 AT's a brace but I'm sure it will catch on.

A bargain, a steal, sale of the century, bargain of the year.

Tidy looking bikes too, where are you currently based, living, if you are wanting to rebuild over here in the UK.

I'm sure you'd get them sorted over time & with some tlc.

Thanks for sharing mate & welcome to XRV.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks stubbsie ,, think ill manage to get the black and white one on the road over there with not too much trouble ,, just needs carbs and tank flushing out , new brakes and battery but the Honda dealer I got it from gave it an oil and filter change and connected it to a slave fuel tank so they could start it for me to prove it was a runner ,, it was sat in container in their yard and no-one knew it was there until they were talking about an English guy that came in looking for parts or an engine for an @ then one of the mechanics said theres one out back :) .. Iwas going to transplant the motor into the Black and gold @ but im thinking now ,, just get one on road then worry about rebuilding the other one either over in Germany or back here in the sunny midlands where I can spend more time (every night ) in the shed working on it instead of every couple of months when im over there ... Does anyone know of complications of bringing a bike into uk in back of a van to be rebuilt then taken back over there once its all done and finished ?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I think the chap to contact would be Whealie, he's the guru of all legislation & things proper, give him a pm.

·
open to offers
117 Posts
Thanks stubbsie ,, think ill manage to get the black and white one on the road over there with not too much trouble ,, just needs carbs and tank flushing out , new brakes and battery but the Honda dealer I got it from gave it an oil and filter change and connected it to a slave fuel tank so they could start it for me to prove it was a runner ,, it was sat in container in their yard and no-one knew it was there until they were talking about an English guy that came in looking for parts or an engine for an @ then one of the mechanics said theres one out back :) .. Iwas going to transplant the motor into the Black and gold @ but im thinking now ,, just get one on road then worry about rebuilding the other one either over in Germany or back here in the sunny midlands where I can spend more time (every night ) in the shed working on it instead of every couple of months when im over there ... Does anyone know of complications of bringing a bike into uk in back of a van to be rebuilt then taken back over there once its all done and finished ?
Hi!

Is 2 a brace now? Ok, well how many is a fleet?

Anyway. I think the Whealie is away, so I will have a stab at the answer. Bringing the bikes into the country shouldnt be a drama, but you will have to prove ownership if you get stopped. Fit the registration plates back on the correct bike, and have every little tiny bit of paperwork with you. Bill of sales, service history, insurance documents, all the keys, everything. If the black hats at ze border see 2 bikes without ze correct paperwork, they will assume you stole them. Then you will have to prove you own them and that will be very boring.

Anyway, thats just what I would do.

Nice looking pair though :thumbright:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice Rich

·
Registered
969 Posts
Bargainacious.
Not sure abut the purple metalflake though, then again Bling is a good thing.
I can imagine the security droids giving you a hard time at customs two bikes in a van and metalflake.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so after much tinkering and messing about with , im back in Germany ,, have my newly refurbed calipers to fit tomorrow and bleed up , screen to fit then try and start up then Wednesday its Tuv time :eek: .. shall go to the bike shop , get the red number plate so I can ride the bike to and from the test station then we shall see if I can get a reg plate for it and then ride it legally when im here :smile:
For some reason im not thinking it will pass as way too strict here and the tyres are old but we shall see how we go ,, haven't touched the bike since last xmas as started a new job in jan and haven't had any holiday until now .. sooooo heres hoping :hitler:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Good luck with it mate. Shame you can't MOT in the UK...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes I know it would be a hell of a lot easier ,, I know its a strong good bike and nothing wrong with it but they so bloody picky over here ..I was even told it would fail when I had it pre tested because the footpeg rubbers were worn :mad: .. not worn out just worn so ive changed them , I suppose it all depends on the day .. makes my blood boil .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok ... passed the tuv :thumbup: the guy that tested it and test rode it said totally good build , no problems , no advisories ... no nothing :p I on other hand had a nightmare day and half fighting with bleeding the front brakes and dealing with shitty aftermarket plastic caliper pistons from M&P ( ****ing Chinese crap ) :(
But after all the work , shes now tested for 2 years , im back in uk and will deal with getting registered over there when im back over soon ...:blob7:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Nice one Rich,

Great to see the bike went through the test okay. Now the fun of riding it starts!!! :thumbright:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts