Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here we are............

My Buell Ulysses.

So awesome I sold all three BMW GS`s after 10 years of GSing and don`t have the slightest regret even a year later.

Since the pics I`ve fitted a satin stainless steel Remus and am running race baffles...sounds like Armageddon :blob3:
I`ve also fitted a tinted and 4" raised Zero Gravity screen and a Free Spirits right side airscoop which has calmed down the cooling fan for the rear cylinder.

8am at Criccieth

Over the moors towards Blanaeu Ffestiniog

Coming up from the Llanberis Pass

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
tis good your still enjoying it tarks:thumbup: and yes they do make serious thunder:D:D:D:D

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
I love Buells - never owned one , but I love the concept, creative and radical approach to bike design. Owned a 1200 Harley for a couple of years and loved the torquey grunt, so I know I would love a Buell.

Just one thing ?? am I the only dyslexic who reads Buell Ulysses as - Buell Useless ?????

They should have picked a different name methinks:confused:.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mr P has a Uly. Loves it.

Admittedly he spends most of his time re-setting the TPS. He sold his Honda to buy his first buell 4 years ago and has never looked back. He wanted something "fun to ride with more character" - character means many hours of swearing in the garage and worrying about this and that after every couple of hundred miles.

Give me my Honda anyday!

it does look lovely though...

·
17,680 Posts
Mr P has a Uly. Loves it.

Admittedly he spends most of his time re-setting the TPS. He sold his Honda to buy his first buell 4 years ago and has never looked back. He wanted something "fun to ride with more character" - character means many hours of swearing in the garage and worrying about this and that after every couple of hundred miles.

Give me my Honda anyday!

it does look lovely though...

thats a cool photo that is:cool:

must admit i would like to have a go on a uly:D

how the hell are you guys anyways:)

·
17,680 Posts
I'll try and pursuade him to bring it to the National at Dartmoor Chad.
I'm sure he'll let you have a go.
superb it will be great to see you both there:cool::cool::thumbup:

·
Geeking it out!
1,061 Posts
..../snip and worrying about this and that after every couple of hundred miles.

Give me my Honda anyday!
That's what put me off, even the demo bike I took out already had a broken clutch cable restraint! I would be worrying about it all the time, and I need the bike to travel to work on every day, so it has to be very reliable, winter and summer.

And I found the Buell cooked my leg in slow traffic.

Shame though, as it was one of the most fun bike I've ever ridden.

·
51 Buell X1 & 89 Tenere
292 Posts
If the wife makes me do a one bike family, I will get rid of the Tenere and Buell X-1 and go down the uly path..... I have the ECMSPY lead to remap the ECU as well ...... ;)

Tell him, my TPS works fine! The Buell X-1 is the best Buell made to date, you only have to ask Maz at the emporium.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts