Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In preparation for TLD I though I'd treat my rear end to a new seat.

I tried it today and it's great. Gel filled luxury....:thumbup:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Looking good:thumbup:, who made it for you? how much? at some point I'd like mine re doing :thumbup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Like someone else in here said, they really are a great company to deal with. I emailed a photo of a seat that I liked (which was on a cruiser) and Melvin copied it - almost like for like. He also made it slightly higher which I like.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts

Like someone else in here said, they really are a great company to deal with. I emailed a photo of a seat that I liked (which was on a cruiser) and Melvin copied it - almost like for like. He also made it slightly higher which I like.
Yep I've actually spoken to this chap on the phone, His prices are pretty damn good as well, he also has an AT seat which he'll loan(with a deeposit) you while yours is being done, another plus of course is he's only half hour down the road from me :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Some people say gel gets all out of shape when it gets hot wouldnt mind one on the XR.. so how firm/soft are they or are they better at releiving stress points that my ass seems to suffer from

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've used this guy when I had a seat made for my old Honda Blackbird some years ago.
I took a trip up there and exchanged my old seat for the new one....Great job , I would love to have one for the vara when I can afford It...:(

He does the work from the back of his house in a large garage(Well they used to ).. along with his son and they offer a very good friendly service.

Click on link..:thumbleft:

http://www.motorbike-seats.co.uk/

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some people say gel gets all out of shape when it gets hot wouldnt mind one on the XR.. so how firm/soft are they or are they better at releiving stress points that my ass seems to suffer from
To be honest Phil with respect to being firmer or softer it doesn't feel that different to the old seat, but it obviously is. Depending on who you listen to part of the AT's seat problem is that it's quite narrow and it slops forward. This means that only a small part of your arse takes most of the weight and as it's also slopping the weight is not even which causes pressure points.

So my new seat has quite a large contact area and it's level. This seems to have done the trick.

But on the other hand it could just be the blue piping that makes this one much more comfortable.:D

And if we ever get some warm weather I'll let you know if the gel holds it's shape.:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
To be honest Phil with respect to being firmer or softer it doesn't feel that different to the old seat, but it obviously is. Depending on who you listen to part of the AT's seat problem is that it's quite narrow and it slops forward. This means that only a small part of your arse takes most of the weight and as it's also slopping the weight is not even which causes pressure points.

So my new seat has quite a large contact area and it's level. This seems to have done the trick.

But on the other hand it could just be the blue piping that makes this one much more comfortable.:D

And if we ever get some warm weather I'll let you know if the gel holds it's shape.:thumbup:
Well if you think thats thin try an XR seat for 8 hours, Im virtually just sitting on the rusty sherrifs badge:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts