Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had to do the hardest thing i've ever done and take my dog to the vets and have him put to sleep today after 14 years as my best friend, His back end was full of arthiritus and he could no longer walk properly or control his self :cry::cry::cry:

RIP "FOGGY" I miss you already

·
Registered
132 Posts
Had to do the hardest thing i've ever done and take my dog to the vets and have him put to sleep today after 14 years as my best friend, His back end was full of arthiritus and he could no longer walk properly or control this self :cry::cry::cry:

RIP "FOGGY" I miss you already
so sad to hear that, think of the good times with foggy..

thinking of you mate!!

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
I've had to do this a few times...It's tough love when you think about it........I wish I could have done it for close family members that have gone.

You've done the right thing, you know that...I feel for you.

When/if you're ready...the net's full of rescue dogs...you could help one out.......I did (that's him above), and I never wanted another dog but I don't regret it.

Hell of a tie though.......Good luck.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Sorry for you mate :sad10: Mans best friend they truly are. As the other guy said think of the good times. :thumbup:

L

·
0 Posts
Hey, don't be so down hearted, I'm sure he's up there already chasing bunnies with his new pair of wings and then he's probably already planning on how to get you to choose a new friend to look after ya ;)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I feel for you,
It is one of the hardest things to do .
They take up so much of your life when they go it leaves a big gap which is hard to fill.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
sorry to hear this dude they sure become part of the familly eh:(

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
sorry to hear that and know what it's like as i had to have my own dog put to sleep a few years ago and our cat earlier this year,both due to ill health

:(:(

RIP

View attachment 2807

skip 16 years old

View attachment 2808

katie 23 years old

as chad says it's like losing a member of the family

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Bad news mate. Know how it feels, you get so attached don't you. As everyone has said you did the right thing and remember the good times.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi,
I really feel for you. It IS the same as a family member passing on and in the beginning dealing with it is very hard. Continuing to go to places where you walked him sometimes helps. Places where you shared happy times.
Like the rest have said you have to try to remember the good times and take comfort in knowing you have been the best friend he could have had from start to sleep time. Its a two way thing.

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
I've been there too, it doesn't matter what people say its missing having a true friend that hurts,
I sure we have all been betrayed be a close human friend at some time but I have never felt that my dogs - cats are not genuinely pleased to see me, they show true friendship and when its not there its missed.
Give it time, then decide whether to fill the gap or close it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about your dog passing away.
I lost my Old English Mastiff 18 months ago and it devastated me.Even today i get very sad thinking about her and miss her being here with me.One condolance is that i know i could not have given her a better life....and i am sure you gave your friend the best life possible.
Dont cry because its over,smile because it happened.

Took the liberty of posting a pic of my girl.

Regards

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its been 18months since my darkest day,Time is a great healer but we do still miss him (Foggy RIP).
But 2 weeks ago we thought its was the right time to look for another pup.
After looking at lots of rescue centre web site we found seamus on www.petrescue.co.uk he's a 5 month old terrier x and after a phone call and home visit we were on our way to fetch him from Redditch.
He's a very clean well behave little thing and loves walking and snuggling up to anyone that will allow him to.

L

·
0 Posts
From the look of the paws he's gonna grow to a reasonable size :)

Glad to see that you've decided it was time to introduce a new friend to your life :)

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Jeff you have competition someone else to peee on the carpet and lick his balls in front of visitors.:D:D
and you can blame him for farting.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jeff you have competition someone else to peee on the carpet and lick his balls in front of visitors.:D:D
and you can blame him for farting.
Don't think so he's had them off before we got him :( Poor kid

1 - 20 of 22 Posts