Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I’d post a couple of pictures of progress so far.
I picked up a tatty FMX in March 18 and since the have been slowly rebuilding it in the style of a tracker / Scrambler hybrid.

Still lots of tidying to do but the basics are now done and I like the direction it’s going.

It’s all my own work (cutting, welding, fabrication and painting etc).

Still got to sort the rear shock as it’s a cheap Chinese thing that’s way too soft but progress is as money and time allow.

What do you think guys?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice indeed, and it will keep your arse warm in the winter. :grin:

Where are you putting the number plate?

And I really like the lights in the 8.
Not sure yet re the number plate, possibly side mounted or a mini plate tucked right up under the seat. Still a bit of head scratching to do I think.
Trashed 3 front number boards before I got the front light set up how I wanted it.
Will post a couple more pictures when it’s finished.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need a new shock, the white one I have is too weak. I heard that SV 650 or ZXR shocks can be used. Can someone update me which ones ( models and years etc ) exactly wil fit the FMX. Also does anyone know the rules about number plates? Thinking now if putting it under the seat behind the exhaust tail pipe in front of the shock ????

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, nice bit of work on the number board.

Are they little indicators i can see underneath
Yep mini led indicators tucked under the number board, got a pair for the rear too once I can make up my mind on the set up. £3.50 a pair on AliExpress;-)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks fantastic, great taste my man.
What forks have you used and howd you go about fitting them? Did you need new clamps, spindle etc?
Whats the exhaust config? Looks like the standard headers but whats after that?
Cheers Dude enjoy:toothy8:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Mate, the forks are the standard FMX forks so no modifications needed on the front end set up.
The headers are Arrow headers as there was a full Arrow system on the FMX when I purchased the bike, I made the two into one link pipe and the swan neck S bend tucking the link pipe up and under the seat unit. The tail pipe is a Chinese made copy of an SC Project exhaust, sourced through AliExpress for £65 inc postage and the quality if fantastic (I suspect it’s where the SC cans are made).
It’s a straight through system so it’s loud and spits fire ;-)
Fuelling needs sorting to make it a bit less of a fire breather but it’s fun to fire it up!!!!
Flat slide FCR Keihin carb to go on soon, then it’s pretty much finished.
Phew.
Thanks for the positive comments.
Jez

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey,

Sorry I think am confused, I thought your original bike was a Dominator NX but I think what your telling me is it was an FMX? I'd never heard of these bikes till today, awh well you learn something new every day.
Just I have an old Dominator and was thinking of using usd forks but it looks a bit of a pain in the arse.
Still your bike looks class.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Wow, excellent build you got going on there mate.
I built a Dommie scrambler a few years ago and tried different shocks and ended buying a Wilbers mono shock.
29102155_1830276043659190_5531291868584806391_n.jpg
I also have a 41mm flat side carb fitted to mine..
I have built two more bikes since this one and have decided to buy this single sided swing arm to get my brain working again after finding this photo online..

Honda-NX650-Custom-1.jpg
I also got a pair of VFR 750 wheels...
I just wish I could weld so I could improve my exhaust...lol.:thumbup:
I want R1 USD forks to go on the front.:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great thread.

This is just how I'd like mine to turn out. It just looks right!

Couple of Qs.... what tank is it? Also how did u make the 2 into 1 section on the exhaust? I'm wanting to go down to a single can on mine

Great work!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great thread.

This is just how I'd like mine to turn out. It just looks right!

Couple of Qs.... what tank is it? Also how did u make the 2 into 1 section on the exhaust? I'm wanting to go down to a single can on mine

Great work!
Hi guys.
Sorry not logged on for a while.
The tank is a Honda CG125 Copy from China. Think it was £65.
I clamped the two headerpipes together and forced them into a larger diameter single pipe then welded them up then cleaned the welds up. Fairly pleased with them if I do say myself.
To busy to finish the bike at the mo but not to far to go now. On the road in the new year. Pictures of progress to follow.
Cheers.
Jez

1 - 18 of 18 Posts