Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:DOn the way home from work tonight I was having a spirited ride :rolleyes: along the A556 dual carriageway a few sets of traffic lights and a few roundabouts.

One guy in his family people carrier tried to race me off the lights :eek: mind you he had his fog lights on so that made him look quick :jerk:

Dispatched him and a clear road in front so steady away ( Pigugly speak ):D

Next roundabout all clear dry roads so tipped it in left right left and wound it up ................. came up behind a silver Vectra doing 50 in a 70 limit on him in no time quick flash of the lights and he stays at 50 no indicator nowt :knob: so dinked left past and away next thing BLUE LIGHTS :eek:

OOPS unmarked plod :dontknow:

Bearing in mind I still hadnt broken the speed limit ! anyway I stayed at 65 and he hung back, next right turn I aknowledged, that I was impatient :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: he gestured that I should slow down and on our merry way we went :D:D:D

Still think its his fault for staying in the wrong lane and 20mph under the limit :D:D:D

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
I would say that that was a blatent incitement to break the law on their behalf, trying their damndest to wind you up so that they could then nick you. good man for not throttling past them at silly speeds.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Setting you up. Trying to push you into doing something. Not the kind of people you want setting standards really.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Isn't that called the honey trap.

Reactions: sean

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Would you have nailed it if the blue lights had not come on?

Good job you didn't undertake him

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
:DOn the way home from work tonight I was having a spirited ride :rolleyes: along the A556 dual carriageway a few sets of traffic lights and a few roundabouts.

One guy in his family people carrier tried to race me off the lights :eek: mind you he had his fog lights on so that made him look quick :jerk:

Dispatched him and a clear road in front so steady away ( Pigugly speak ):D

Next roundabout all clear dry roads so tipped it in left right left and wound it up ................. came up behind a silver Vectra doing 50 in a 70 limit on him in no time quick flash of the lights and he stays at 50 no indicator nowt :knob: so dinked left past and away next thing BLUE LIGHTS :eek:

OOPS unmarked plod :dontknow:

Bearing in mind I still hadnt broken the speed limit ! anyway I stayed at 65 and he hung back, next right turn I aknowledged, that I was impatient :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: he gestured that I should slow down and on our merry way we went :D:D:D

Still think its his fault for staying in the wrong lane and 20mph under the limit :D:D:D
I know that feeling "Oh **** unmarked car" Me and wife left a wedding in Cheltenham a few years ago late in the evening( it was the day after the wedding and we hadn't been drinking)Decided to come home a day earlier than we planned i was coming down the M5 no problems got on to the A30 at Okehampton we saw 2 high speed pursuit cars had pulled a discovery over in the layby. I was in the Saab at the time (230Bhp;)) we casually passsed them no problems bit later on i was coming up on a old fart in a new Mini i was cruising at about 95mph i saw headlights in my mirrors put the indicators on hit the acclerator blipped it up to about 130mph indicated and pulled back in looked in the mirrors and the lights were gone. Thought thats strange said to the wife " did that car behind pass us anywhere" she looked at me and said " What the one beside your window"... I thought **** busted, yep the police car saw me and pulled up alongside then pulled infront of me flashed his nice new red led's on the roof of his new Volvo and then f***d off. I never got pulled, a ticket or anything thank god it was about 2 in the morning and no traffic around or i would probably have no license now. The Saab was easily faster than his Volvo but probably wouldn't be my best move to proove it to him:D:D:D:D

Thats one reason i now love my L200, got no fear of getting that to do 100mph, not even if i drove it off north cliffs

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Should have pulled him over and give him a rollicking for failing to keep to the left. :clown: :D :D
Thats what I was thinking as soon as I saw the lights, and probably would have done if he had pulled me :toothy8:

Would you have nailed it if the blue lights had not come on?

Good job you didn't undertake him
I did undertake him Paul thats when he gave me a quick flash :grin:

Good job you never gave him a load of 'hand signals' as you passed 'em eh Rob :rolleyes:

Phil
If I hadnt got my Muffs on he would have had 'the bird' :D

Actualy if he had of been on the left Its a stretch I always nail it on and I'm sure he would have pulled me then so truthfully a blessing in disguise :grin:

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
I bet they had uniforms on in that 'plain' car didn't they....you careless boy !!!!!:) (Guess who got caught like that a few weeks ago....:hitler:)

Anyway Frad....my advice.....F** K 'EM !!!.........bound to happen (statistically) occasionally innit.

Onwards and upwards....we've far better things to do....:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bet they had uniforms on in that 'plain' car didn't they....you careless boy !!!!!:) (Guess who got caught like that a few weeks ago....:hitler:)

Anyway Frad....my advice.....F** K 'EM !!!.........bound to happen (statistically) occasionally innit.

Onwards and upwards....we've far better things to do....:thumbup:
It was dark gov:D

but as I looked in as I blasted up his inside there was only one curly tail in the car :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts