Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my AT on a little dirt road trip through the Cederberg Mountains this weekend. A friend of mine on his XT600 Tenere went along. I thought I would share at least 3 of the pics.

On top of Bain's Kloof Pass between Wellington and Ceres:

As you can see - not a cloud in the sky - we had a perfect Saturday

Then the road between Eselbank and the mission station at Wuppertal in the mountains:

The gates are a real pain and so is the sand, but the scenery made it worthwhile :clown:

And lastly of course, my bike parked in the mountains:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Now look.
Over here its bloody cold, roads are covered in salt, its cold, its wet, and did I mention that its cold.
Taking nice sunny pics and telling us that you've been out for a jaunt at the weekend is likely to get loads of abuse! ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great pics there mate,

Not what sun starved Brits need at the moment though.

You should know better. :toothy8:

Any way I'm off to Ko Samui in Thailand next week for a fortnight in the sun. And I'm going to get a bike for a few days.

Jon :cyclops:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For all you know I might be longing for some roadsalt... mmm... nah! :blackeye:

Here is another pic that you guys might find interesting. In the middle of nowhere we stopped at this grave. The words are in Afrikaans, but it means "Englishman's Grave" - and on the opposite side of the road is the grave of a British soldier shot towards the end of the Anglo-Boer War.

The headstone bears the words "BRAVE AND TRUE" and below that the following:

"IN SACRED AND LOVING MEMORY OF GRAHAM VINICOMBE WINCHESTER CLOWES LIEUTENANT 1st BATTn THE GORDON HIGHLANDERS SON OF THE LATE WINCHESTER CLOWES OF HITCHIN HERTS KILLED IN ACTION NEAR THIS SPOT ON 30th January 1901"

So now you know why I copied the entire text - I suppose writing "Lt. Graham Vinicomb Winchester Clowes' Grave" would not exactly fit on the sign.

Oh and if I look pissed off on the picture - it is only because I was tired and I think I am allergic to dust.

PS - Jon, enjoy Samui Island - I hired a little 125cc when on holiday in Malaysia and had a great time exploring. You'll soon find that there is no offroading machine like a rental!

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Jis Krizz!

You making us okes lekker jealous stuck in the snow this side of the world dude. At least I can look forward to a week's sunshine the end of the month in SA to break this freakin winter's back. Never been to Cederberg mountains although the rest of the Cape I know failry well.

Enjoy and keep those pics coming!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts