Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
The ELB (Earth leakage breaker) should have popped..... but I rather think there wasnt one....
It was a long time ago in an old house, I'm not sure an ELB would have worked quick enough to stop me thinking that someone had kicked me in the back, I was literally kicked straight forward off the stool I was sitting on.

I've been extremely careful about almost everything since!

·
where next?
508 Posts
Dylan, are you sure you wanted to do that?
Well I'm pretty sure, in retrospect, that I shouldn't have been doing that. Where were you when I needed you? :p

On the plus side, I am glad it was my relatively low powered Hornet and not my Africa Twin cos even on tickover, I think I'd be minus one digit now :shock:

·
Now down under
147 Posts
Thank god you kept your thumb Wee Jack, losing that would mean you couldnt use your indicators. (if it was your left hand) To turn corners youd have to hand signal, and show you had no thumb.... kids wouldve stared and pointed, old ladies wouldve avoided you, freak show man....

But seriously, that must have been horrible, hand stuck in the bike, still running. Glad you can still use it, a two second decision can change your life huh... I think for 3 seconds before doing anything these days.... safe as houses now...

·
Now down under
147 Posts
I mean 1gear1brake, sorry Wee Jack... but sympathy for you too...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had a group of young people out canoeing on a canal near bradford when one of the young ones drifted between a 60' barge and the 5' high concrete canal bank....the barge hit the concrete wall with no sight of us.
Oh man. I was in a kayak doing rescue for a triathlon and one of the rescue boats went adrift with a fouled propellor so I moved to push em out of danger, was a wee flat bottomed army boat, then I saw sense and buggered off outta there, they were no help even when they were all systems go. You didn't really have a lot of choice though... I'd much rather be 'Canoe instructor squished attempting to save student' than 'Canoe instructor watches student get squished'.

Silly things I have done include jumping from one moving conveyor belt to another 6 meters above a concrete floor.... didn't go so well. Luckily there were motors, steel bars, other conveyor belts and lots of steel things to slow my head first descent. I was actually fairly happy when I finally hit the ground.

Another time I was breaking into a van to rescue some sea horses and the crowbar got jammed, I let go of it and turned around to ask my mate for a hammer when...

CRACK!!!!

It flew back, knocked me the f**k out and cut the bottom of my ear off, mostly, hehe.

·
Now down under
147 Posts
Some-one kidnapped the sea horses? My god.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some-one kidnapped the sea horses? My god.
I find its best to only give the bare minimun of detail with that story. 'I was breaking into a van and got smacked in the head by a crowbar.' reads complelty differently to 'I was breaking into a van to rescue some sea horses and got smacked in the head with a crowbar.' The whole tale is quite complicated and really needs to be told over pints, if at all. =D

·
Now down under
147 Posts
:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I was working on my own on a water board site about 15 years ago in the middle of a field with a 3m square building in it. at the time health and safety was really taking off on building sites and i had a visit from the safety officer who insisted i put my hard hat on i argued with him for about 20 minutes saying the only thing going to hit me on the head in this field is an airoplane and i didnt think the hard had would be very effective against an impact from any size aircraft but he insisted. In the end i put it on to shut the tw*t up and off he go's happy he's done his job, i walked around the building muttering to myself the disslikes for the arsehole i just met when a big gust of wind blew 3 lengths of heavy duty cable tray i had lent against the wall earlier straight onto my nut almost sending my neck out my arse. first thing i done when i picked myself up was look to see if the safety guy had gone, i wouldn't have appreciated "I told you so" at the time. Now i have to deel with some of the health and safety at work i use that story quite often and like to think it makes a good argument for wearing helmets for whatever activity your doing.:tongue1:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts