Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i just got a 1998 AF im just doing some styling to it i wanted to know where i could get a set of front and rear mud gaurds (standerd ones) plus the fork protecters all in black!!?? and if anyone could recomend a better exhaust than the origrnal. Im using the bike for touring so any tips on modifications if any would be great
thx for reading!

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Hi - Do you mean AT? David Silver and Wemoto are good places for parts as is ebay and some honda dealers if you want to go that route - also some parts on this site in the sales section. Enjoy.

For touring people do all sorts - repack saddle, fit a taller screen, tyre choice etc but if I could tour the world tomorrow, apart from servicing (and adding luggage) it I would go on my AT!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
If touring is your thing then a modified seat and a higher screen will be at the top of my shopping list.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi - Do you mean AT? David Silver and Wemoto are good places for parts as is ebay and some honda dealers if you want to go that route - also some parts on this site in the sales section. Enjoy.

For touring people do all sorts - repack saddle, fit a taller screen, tyre choice etc but if I could tour the world tomorrow, apart from servicing (and adding luggage) it I would go on my AT!

Yeh i mean an AT busy day at work yesterday so my brain was a bit addled. The bike has had only one owner and only done 16k in 12 years and it hasnt got a scratch on it so i dont really wanna muck about with it to much, i think a taller screen would help.

And the modified seat sounds like a must as i have noticed i get a numb, not used to that kind of riding stance (ex sports bike rider ;).

One thing i would like to do is fit a center stand do you know if thats an easy thing to do? i had it lifted up on the side stand to oil the chain and i was waiting for the stand to start buckleing under the waight!!

Anyways thx for the advice guys im off to check out those sites for goodys (can hear wallet grouning in background)

:thumbup: have a good daY

1 - 7 of 7 Posts