Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Now that I changed job in spring and my Swing125 was a bit too slow for my new commute which includes over ten miles of motorway...I took advantage of the Honda August Bank Holiday Sales and traded up and bought a brand new Forza 300!

It's soo smooth and much faster than the my trusted Swing. I had a bigger screen and heated grips fitted too and have just completed the first 300 miles run in period. Got almost 80mph over the first tanks! nice!

Here are some pics.

I am intending in keeping this one for a few years! Still got my XR400 and the CB1000R but the scooter is what I mostly ride these days...;)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
well wear with her cool looking scoot I know a bloke with a fine collection of bikes and his go to bike is a scooter a Yamaha t max he said it's so handy on jacket helmet and gloves and he's away and the vast under seat storage space is a god send . I find auto transmission most appealing bet its a frugal machine and all . what kind of mpg would you get from mixed riding ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far I have filled up twice and MPG worked out at just over 80mpg.
The onboard showed 78.5! So it's accurate. Fuel gauge is not. With it showing red there are still almost 4 litres left and that means another 60 miles...

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
So far I have filled up twice and MPG worked out at just over 80mpg.
The onboard showed 78.5! So it's accurate. Fuel gauge is not. With it showing red there are still almost 4 litres left and that means another 60 miles...

that's pretty good it all adds up over time plus being able to ride in regular trousers /shoes in drizzle even and no clutching and gear changing must be pure luxury and very relaxing to ride . they make a lot of sense for commuting no wonder they are huge on the continent in the city's .

·
Registered
154 Posts
Went on a 3 day tour last year me on my comfy as fcuk Alp. 900 miles over 4 days + my mate on his new at the time Forza 300. Our friends included a Deuville Tenere and a FMX . Trip was down through the middle of Ireland B roads + coastal west Co Cork and a fair wack of motorway on the way home. Forza rider had mid 70mpg the whole trip +was the least tired and most relaxed at the end of each day. He still has it and has loads of miles on it now loves it and cant be dragged back to bikes. You chose well there Lars that screen seems to make a job it. Enjoy.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
To be honest the only downside to riding a big Scoot is that other motorcyclists don't wave at you in France! :)

OK, they don't handle as well either or have gears, but I lived with those minor failings when I had a 600 Swing...! Enjoy the Forza.

·
nunquam scienter utilis
665 Posts
Glad you're enjoying it :)
I had a Forza 300 as a loaner when my bike was in for a service. I rather liked it - but just a little bit small for me. I have to admit i'm looking at getting a Burgman 400. I'm finding clutches do my hand in these days (RSI from work), and I want some weather protection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts