Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
For what I use it for the Scrambler it is as suitable as the AT, soft roading. I do not do anything more serious than gravel tracks so lack of suspension travel does not matter, the engine has lots of grunt, the seat is low, it has a presence, but to a different audience than the AT.
I would/do not use it to travel more than a few 100 miles in a day. It probably does getting there, motorways, as well as the AT and does bumbling around lanes just as well.
But I still have the TA!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Well I'm still hanging on in there with two wheels ( 990 Adventure KTM which I swapped for the triumph)#
But
I got my Morgan ( after 59yrs waiting......to afford one !) KTM spends much of the time in the garage now so it may be sold and I will concentrate on 4 wheels.

I sold my place on the Morgan waiting list and bought a S/H minter of an old 4+4 ( 4 seater) so my dog can also travel with us when we go out :thumbup:

All Change :blob8:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice pics Steve

You still doing the weddings?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Nice pics Steve

You still doing the weddings?
No Weddings but last weekend I did my daughters in the Morgan ( hence the ribbons)

Driving a Morgan at the tail end of that American Hurricane was " Interesting" to say the least but at least it didn't rain until after the wedding ( late on the night)

lol

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Well I have now decided to Restore an old 76 Montesa Cota 348 (Malcom Rathmell replica) I may have a play off road ( nothing serious as its been 20yrs plus since I last did trials)

The KTM will stay for now BUT may be sold in the spring :(

To be fair I think I shall retire from road biking ( only done 700miles this year) as I've been enjoying the Morgan too much ( 2000miles so far out of my 4000mile allowance !)# :cool:
I may just keep the Montesa when finished ( over this winter):p

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Very tidy Steve

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
The Montessa looks good already , not as good as ktm thou :thumbright:
The Montesa is a work in progress
Its never been registered so I'm sorting the DVLA side out

I've sourced a lighting kit/ speedo/horn
Next job is an MOT

Then it can be used on local lanes and fire trails

Until its sorted the KTM can stay
The KTM is very nice but as it's rarely used and I've basically given up road riding the Montesa keeps me with a cheap bike to play with and I now prefer the Classic Car:blob8:

such is life

Magwa :thumbup:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts