Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have i gone and done !!!!! i have just bought this very mint and trick Honda SP1 from a very good property developer mate of mine, he bought it brand new in 2000 when they first came out. then in the winter of 2000 he sent it off to Carbontek and they fitted a full HRC race kit cams, valves and pistons together with HRC injectors and a different ignition/injector map. It had a dream machine paint job, an OHLINS rear shock the forks were striped and fettled by maxton, Leo Vinci high level titanium exhaust system, goodridge brake hoses, carbon fibre front mudguard and hugger. Apparently it is 132 hp at the rear wheel it handles like a blooody dream and the torque, power and the sound is awesome only 3700 miles from new . When all the work was completed he did one trip to France and then it has been under cover in the back of the garage next to his mint RC30 which is also never used !!!! criminal. I used to race bikes for years and had 2 fourth places in the British Endurance Championships and a wild card ride at the Le Mans and Bol Dor when it was at Paul Ricard so i am going to enjoy track days and Sunday blasts with this SP1. Not selling my RD04 Africa she is a definite keeper. I wonder if the SP1 engine would fit in the Africa? !!!!!

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
nice :D go on shoehorn the lump into the @ you know you wanna :twisted:

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Chad said:
nice :D go on shoehorn the lump into the @ you know you wanna :twisted:[/quote

Go on, we all need to know if it'll fit!

Nice bike, and it sounds like you're just the person to ride it properly :D :D

Cheers
-Simon

·
Professional Geek
393 Posts
V nice.

V nice indeed.

The SP1/SP2 is one of very few other bikes I lusted after when I bought my TL. Out of my price range then, and totally in love with my TL now I've finally got it all sorted. The SPs are in a different league for sure.

Enjoy it mate, sounds like it's been very bored for a few years...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts