Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maverick and I and a couple of friends from school/university are planning a trip through Kaokoland in September/October next year. I thought about shipping the AT but it does work out quite expensive as I don't want to leave it there. So, I stumbled across this nice Kawasaki KLR650 for really silly money. It had been dropped and is in need of some very minor TLC (clutch casing mostly) but at the price and with only 4,300 miles on the clock I could easily ship in there and sell it afterwards and, providing the bike doesn't sustain any major damage, I'll probably break even. Only problem is that shes such a laugh to ride. I had a KLR600 while at university so this bike brings back so many memories. Maybe I don't really need to sell it....

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Funny how it leans to the right even though it's on the sidestand.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dee Duble Yuh said:
Funny how it leans to the right even though it's on the sidestand.
I want some of what you've been having... :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
If its not a rude question what did you pay, and where did you get it?

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Saw it last night and absolute bargain if you ask me, I liked it so much was actually thinking of selling the AT and get a KLR for a change of scenery :mrgreen:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Maverick said:
Saw it last night and absolute bargain if you ask me, I liked it so much was actually thinking of selling the AT and get a KLR for a change of scenery :mrgreen:
NOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!! dont you feckin dare !!!! keep the @ and have that as well :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DaveS said:
If its not a rude question what did you pay, and where did you get it?
Dave, I bought it from a guy in Stoke-on-Trent for £1,200. Still waiting for the thing to go bang as you expect it to at that price. But I've done a little bit more than 200 miles on it and apart from the speedo cable working itself loose (KLRs are known for their vibrations) the bike runs beautifully. I even took it for a quick off-road spin when I got home and it's so much easier than the AT - which you'd expect. But I really don't want to sell my AT but I also really want to keep this bike. I'm starting a new job next month so hopefully I'll be able to keep both.

·
Lost Lost Lost
558 Posts
What a steal lootch. Not temted to sell my TA but to get one of those too. This might be the start of a global trend and you'll be to blame for it!!!!? :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
2,495 Posts
Chad said:
NOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!! dont you feckin dare !!!! keep the @ and have that as well :mrgreen:
Ohhh I can just see the joy on the missus face when I buy another bike, think this time she will actually commence with her threat to kill me :lol:

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Maverick said:
Chad said:
Ohhh I can just see the joy on the missus face when I buy another bike, think this time she will actually commence with her threat to kill me :lol:
Dibs on ya rig, man!!!

(Does that sound right? :? )

Cheers
-Simon

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Zonkelnut said:
Lootch, me and FortyZA r doing such a trip this August 16th. Will be taking my TA. I will send pics to this forum as soon as done with trip.
That would be great Zonk. I'm really after some maps/GPS routes so anything you could send me would be of great help. Why are you not taking the Caponord? Don't have to answer that... but do you think that bike could handle that terrain?

Simon, I've not yet replaced the Doohickey, but it is on my list of things to do. So far the list includes the Doohickey, Renthal bars (and possibly risers), IMS or similar pegs, aluminium bash plate (why they fitted a plastic one when the 600 had an aluminium one I don't know), higher screen, and then very importantly crash bars to protect the radiator and some decent hand guards. Mmm, this list is growing by the day.

·
Lost Lost Lost
558 Posts
Maverick said:
when I buy another bike, :lol:
Like the frase stating "when" and not "if"..... :lol:
The man with 9 luv spuds is a brave one :!: :naka:

·
2,495 Posts
faantjie said:
Maverick said:
when I buy another bike, :lol:
Like the frase stating "when" and not "if"..... :lol:
The man with 9 luv spuds is a brave one :!: :naka:
Hey boet you know the rule "when you wanna be dumb you gotta be tough" :lol: I know, my missus know and everyone who knows me know that sooner or later I will buy another bike. Just a matter of time and of course money :mrgreen:

Slimie said:
Dibs on ya rig, man!!!

(Does that sound right?)
No that's sounds very wrong dude, it's mine ALLLLLLLLLLLL MINEEEEEEEEE :lol:

·
Lost Lost Lost
558 Posts
lootch67 said:
Zonkelnut said:
Lootch, me and FortyZA r doing such a trip this August 16th. Will be taking my TA. I will send pics to this forum as soon as done with trip.
Mmm, this list is growing by the day.
Found this while browsing the net a bit. Was actually searching for screens and stumbled across his site. Sorry if it's old news. Sometimes I'm 2sec slower than a statue :oops: :wink:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hahahahahaha!! Thanks Faantjie! That's quite a good site. Here's another one which contains a lot of information too.

http://www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html

Did you find a screen?

·
Lost Lost Lost
558 Posts
Stop tempting us with this KLR business. I'll have to make my way over to Essex at some point to have a closer look.
'Was looking for something on changing the shape of a lexan screen. A member from NZ reported in a post a while back that he has modified a screen using a heat gun. It sounds convincing but slightly worried about ruining a good cheap screen. I'm in the process of doing some aerodynamic tests on the screen to establish what differences attachments and different shapes do to airflow on the screen. Determent to solve the buffeting.
Found some pics on the net of wind tunnel tests done at Uni's wich also gives a guide. Oh, by aerodynamic tests I mean sticking strips of wool on the screen with tape and riding to see where they point. I'm no scientist or pro, just playing around. :) :idea:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just when I was ready to be impressed.. Let us know how you get on, and yes, Essex is not that far from you. In fact, it's so close once you've been there it never leaves you!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts