Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

i got myself a Honda XL125 Varadero this evening after 2 years on the XLR 125!

Pics:

I have afew questions:

1, what temp should the Vara run at? mine runs at 3/4 bars i think 2 or so below the part where it enters the hot zone is this normal? should it be less?

2, is there anything i should check now that i've got it home? anything that normally goes wrong on the vara V1's?

i rode it 58 miles home from wales, it was a fantastic ride, so much better then the XLR

Cheers chaps :D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Nice looking bike you have there.
I would get the engine coolant changed to the correct 50 / 50 mix.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey bud, thanks!

would you say its running too hot then? it seems to stay there & never move its never got even close to being in the hot zone

·
Registered
924 Posts
i dont recall my running that hot. although it has been a couple of years now.

tidy looking bike, i loved mine, it was a great first bike for me :thumbright:

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Mine was bang in the middle temp wise and diddnt alter at all once warm or when the temp was lower than 5 degree c

Great bike

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
great looking bike there. I have not heard of any known problems on the baby vara. Temperature I am not sure but if it doesn't move then perhaps it is the right temp. As Stumpy say I would have the coolant replaced aat right mix and see what happens. I would also check the air filter (if there is one:)
You just got yourself one of the bst 125's ever. Well done!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great looking bike there. I have not heard of any known problems on the baby vara. Temperature I am not sure but if it doesn't move then perhaps it is the right temp. As Stumpy say I would have the coolant replaced aat right mix and see what happens. I would also check the air filter (if there is one:)
You just got yourself one of the bst 125's ever. Well done!
thank you so much guys! yeah im really really happy with it! i went out for a ride this morning at 7:30 and it is sooo perfect!!

i got some more pics:

I did notice the coolant level is beound the "Up" point someones filled it almost to the top, should i drain the excess out?

I've been riding for 7 years & i've had 32 bikes now haha! i can honestly say this is the best bike i've ridden to date!!

smiles all round :D

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
If someone has filled above the UP point , the maybe they have filled with either just plain water , or maybe you have a air lock . An air lock would make the engine run hotter ..

As stumpy says . .drain the coolant and mix 50/50 with antifreeze .. using the correct procedure to ensure that there is no air locks ..

Also think about doing a oil & filter change with correct oil .. for your piece of mind ..

Looks a cracking bike .. Enjoy ....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks bud :) i work at a local motorcycle shop at the moment doing there new website the mechanics have looked over it and they said its 100% spot on!

Got myself a nice bargain :)

how much do you think i paid?

Taxed, MOT'd til feb next year, 2001 model, Remus rear pipe + silencer

·
Registered
924 Posts
i bought my 04 plate second hand in 2005, for £1800, and sold it 2 yrs and 13k miles later for £2000, so id say a bargain has to be anything under about £1300?

... unless prices have changed a lot in the last 2yrs ....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys, yea im really happy with it! its great to be on a proper road bike instead of a enduro bike :p:cool:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
"I've been riding for 7 years & i've had 32 bikes "

that is a lot of bikes....!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
"I've been riding for 7 years & i've had 32 bikes "

that is a lot of bikes....!
indeed it is, most of which were unreliable scooters!

i met my mate earlier and we went for a little ride out... i was shocked because we had a little drag race and the vara is quicker then his YZF125R! shocked!

anyways heres some pics:

good times! i LOVE the varadero :D

·
Registered
924 Posts
good times! i LOVE the varadero :D
they MUST be aftermarket replacement bulbs, the standard ones were sh1te! ... and i could never get my hand inside the fairing properly to replace them, had to get the missus to do it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I think your mate's a woose! I've ridden both and the YZF is an animal for a 125, is it perhaps restricted? That might repair your mate's ego a bit!
The derestricted YZF I had pulled over the ton and got there surprisingly quick for a 125.
But that's not what the Varadero is all about, it's comfort, mile after mile. A large bike for a 125 which makes it nice and roomy to ride on. Enjoy it for what it was made for mate. Happy miles, be a damned sight more comfy than the YZF any way! :thumbup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think your mate's a woose! I've ridden both and the YZF is an animal for a 125, is it perhaps restricted? That might repair your mate's ego a bit!
The derestricted YZF I had pulled over the ton and got there surprisingly quick for a 125.
But that's not what the Varadero is all about, it's comfort, mile after mile. A large bike for a 125 which makes it nice and roomy to ride on. Enjoy it for what it was made for mate. Happy miles, be a damned sight more comfy than the YZF any way! :thumbup:
i totally agree, i was shocked when i beat him... but like you say its not what it's all about... the YZF's are quick and should beat me easily!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gave it a oil and filter change today, the oil was quite bad...

are the varadero's strong? my xlr125 was invincible are the vara's the same?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts