Honda XRV Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I've moved the handlebar controls around more to my liking and adjusted the rear brake height as it was sitting to high for me. Looked to adjust the slack on the throttle but can't find any adjuster at the twist grip end. Not sure if it is meant to be like that as apparently one of the ways of turning off the 'staying at the same speed without touching the throttle' thingy is to turn the throttle a little past closed.

That's age that is, not being able to remember a simple word.

Booked in for my 600 mile service which is usually the only dealer one I have until valves need doing. Working from home a lot of the time will help keep the mileage a bit lower on this bike I think.

Reactions: een705 and 650 Fred

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I think I'm up to about 3,500 miles on the ST now. Less trips to work and lockdown means this is the fewest miles I have done since I started riding in the early 80s.

Added a few things to the bike since I got it. Altrider crash bars, heated grips so I can keep my fingers from dropping off, handlebar risers, pannier racks, head light guard for when they start surface dressing the local roads in the warmer weather. I also recently did the flat seat mod which consists of fitting four rubber bungs to the seat bottom.

I bought some 2nd hand PIAA spot lights that plugged straight into the loom. I had to but the brackets to put them under the headlamp and the bolts for these required imperial allen keys. I didn't even know there was such a thing!! They came with some natty grilled covers but these seem to rely on friction to hold them on, so they are sitting on a shelf till I work out a way to stop them being pinched or falling off.

The bike has smoothed out a lot at low speeds since I first got it, or I have adapted?? I found the throttle cable adjuster hidden under a plastic sleeve right in front of my eyes. I took the excess slack out and that helped a lot. At my running in service they put the slack back in so I fixed that halfway home back to how I like it. Tried the cruise control a few times, makes me edgy, think I will save it for if I hit one of those 20 plus mile long roads works with average speed cameras that can read bike number plates.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
No glowing enthusiasm yet like you had for the Versys Yen?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
It's not really had a chance to go anywhere apart from work up and down the motorway, it's good at that. I'm aching for the chance to get further afield on it.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts