Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I was wondering if someone could give me a hint on this.

Last week I was driving home when suddenly the engine stopped ( like if I killed the ignition ).

I managed to pullover safely, and when attempted to restart the engine, nothing happened ( not even the relay click ).

Details:

- Ignition works ( lights in the dash, headlights, etc ).
- Neutral and sidestand switches work, on and off.
- engine did not overheat, oil and coolant levels are ok, and no signs of mixing. No signs of seizing either.
- Battery voltage is 12.9
- all fuses OK
- no power to the CDI and starter motor, it seems, and when I hit the start button the relay doesn't click either.

Before I start pulling everything apart, does anyone have a clue about what it could be?

Thanks!

·
Space Emperor
608 Posts
I had a problem like that a year or two ago ... it was a bad connection behind the speedo. Not the speedo itself, of course, but there's a hub, holding a bunch of connectors. Don't remember which one it was, sorry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys thanks for the input.

Well, I found the problem, have a laugh on me ( and here is my testimonial so that it doesn't happen to anyone else ).

I got the electrical diagram, took the tank out, and I started following the wires with the multimeter until I found a black and red wire that should have 12v and didn't.

That wire was coming from the ignition fuse. But I had checked the fuses! So I went and I inspected that fuse better... Holy ****ing shit! It was the fuse after all.

What happened was, when the fuse blew, it did not blew in the center, and when I checked them the first time, on the light of the end of the day, I just looked in the center. :tard: Lesson learned... always check the fuses thoroughly.

fuse.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts