Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owned a couple of Harleys this being my second one. It's a 2007 which I bought new in spring 08 (first new bike for me) and since then has been slowly modded to it's present state.

Standard 2007 sb

Where mines at now..to much to list up but main things are changed the wheels to black rims, rear being a 200 conversion using the xbones rim. taller apes, lowered suspension front and rear plus lots of dechroming and a newer style chopped fender. Most recent was a cam upgrade but can test it out due to the weather.Bikes not mollycoddled,used most every day and all weathers up to a couple of months ago when I bought myself an Africa Twin for a winter hack.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Nice,where in Sweden are you ? Wrench Monkey's in Copenhagen do some nice stuff if you're close to the bridge ! :thumbup: ( Wrenchmonkees.com - Home )

I'm flying to Kastrup Friday morning. At the moment apparently, flights are being redirected to Gothenburg because of heavy snow. So I could possibly end up in Sweden for the weekend. :(

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm down south in Skåne about an hour from Kastrup..ya gonna love it..very white :D ..don't forget your thermals haha!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I'm down south in Skåne about an hour from Kastrup..ya gonna love it..very white :D ..don't forget your thermals haha!

Don't worry I'm taking thermals for my thermals then more thermals over that ! :thumbup: ( And that's only 'cause I'm staying in the Kobenhaven Missions Hotel. :D:D:D )

If I get time (leaving lunch time Saturday) I'll have a walk down to Wrench Monkey's and get some photo's.

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
I'm not into the Harley thang butyou have a smart bike there, not too much chrome & plenty of bad boy black :thumbup:

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
That looks a real bad ass and mean bike - much more character than in standard trim

·
sfx wheels
806 Posts
that really is a well modded hog

i hate to see as many bolt on aftermarket goodies as you see hanging up in acmemadeinchinacustomshop on a bike

a lad i know has a 99 springer special with hollywood bars , and a panhead motor kit , makes it look like a 1949 pan head ,,,,,,

1948 Panhead Replica - Heritage Springer - YouTube

check out his other youtube clip , in search of steak n ale pie ,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
wicked scooter :cool: i run a 1985 1340 fxef fatbob in red original paint myself . its 4 speed gear box shovel bottom end duo glide frame . narrow glide front end 19" front chrome wire spoked wheels buck horn bars custom king and queen saddel .cigar mufflers span new keihnan cv carb with a k&n filter this summer . large trow over saddle bags on home made rails .( made them myself and sprayed them black ) a puig wind shield . i like my comfort i ride it trough winter so i need somewhere for my wet suit and the shield keeps the cold off great and i dont get as tired on long runs either . i only do long runs on it . i think its a waste other wise . i bought it in january 2005 i love it to bits and i have enjoyed every mile . i allways feel like a new man after a run . its so loud that i have to wear ear plugs these days or i get a head ache . i paid 7000 euro for it and its still going strong and will be for many many years i ride it easy and keep the oil and filter changed regular . it just comeing up 60000 kms . i bought my transalp like you as a winter hack/run about something i can leave out the back under a cover and just jump on and go when ever rain or shine . the harley lives at my mothers in her shed . i cant belive how much im enjoying my transalp . its got plenty of power for my needs its great on the back roads and can quite happly keep up with traffic and over takes well when it has to and its real pretty . the africa twin was the dream bike but her shorter fatter little sister has really grown on me and i think im in love with her :-D

·
Very Enthusiastic Member
391 Posts
It looks mean that bike.. I'm liking your good quality snowy photos on the forum. I remember seeing a Harley in Greece, he pulled up and camped next to us, not sure what model it was, but instead of the monkey bar things, he'd fitted (or it had from stock) short sports bars and it looked rather good (to me anyway). Not sure how comfy it was...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not surprised he had short sporty bars on it..if it's the bike in the pic it's a Sportster ..used to have a Sportster XL1200R before the Street Bob..was a good bike. Girlfriends got one too and she loves it.

@ alias..thats cool..keep on rockin' the ol' Harley :thumbup: I enjoy the AT too, especially when the road runs out. It was sort of cheapish to buy and cheap to run ie a set of knobbies cost less than the back tyre on my Street Bob now I've converted it and looks ok with panniers, not ok on the SB as I wanted a plain stripped down look..bit raw so to speak. The AT was what I wanted to fill the space, bit pointless buying another road bike. My mates here who all ride Harleys haven't taken it too bad, they're still speaking to me *lol* but in general the Harley brotherhood here scorn on jap bikes, seem to forget what they had before they climbed onto the stage :D

BUT I know one thing..it's a keeper is the Bob :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
my harley looks just like this only mine has standard down pipes with the balance pipe the wire spoked wheels stock harley air filter cover with a k&n sticker covering heritage softail on the bottom the bags have 3 buckles a flame inlay on the lids with brown.black pyton skin . a gift from a friend who made them himself he also done the seat . the smoked puig shield and the seat is more chopper style with basket weave pannels in it . a little bit of rust and a small dent in the tank . it handles really good its very steady with great ground clearence .Google Image Result for http://www.hdforums.com/forum/attachments/touring-models/34400d1237528760-lindby-bars-whos-got-em-pros-cons-pics-1985-harley-davidson-fxef-001a.jpg

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's been off the road a while but got it back just before new year :p Front wheel replaced and SE204 cams in :D

First long ride yesterday, bit chilly at around +1 but good to get in the groove again. Mate came out and joined me for a quick spin on his Night Train.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts