Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
REDUCED REDUCED REDUCED......in view of the need for 2 tyres and brake pads before long I will knock £250 off and round that down to £3,500 hopefully for a quick sale. Offers considered as we just closed a deal on one and p/xd annes bike.

I am selling my 2007 Varadero (wanted 2x good, low mileage XT660r's). Price £3900 with all accessories, less the more accessories I retain that you dont want (but trust me, you want it with everything).

Details: First Registered August 2007, 45,000 miles, T&T to August 2012. I am the second owner (the first was Stanbloke); I bought it in Feb 2008 with 3K on the clock. Self-serviced by me at 4K, 8K, 16K, 24k and 40K. The “big” service at 32K was done by Blackpool Honda and included brake fluid, coolant, plugs and valve check. Servicing is dead easy – except the valves but they are scheduled for a check every 32K so not an issue really. It has the combined brake system with ABS – which I think is excellent and all bikes should have. The vast majority of the mileage has been done on big trips – Longest day and various tours to UK, Europe, Scotland and Ireland. I don’t use it for commuting and not much in winter either – that’s the TA650.

Accessories/extras (front to back)
  • Front Fenda Extender
  • MRA Screen, plus standard screen, givi touring screen, and cut down screen.
  • 25mm ‘bar Risers
  • Renthal ‘bar bridge
  • Barkbuster hand guards
  • Honda heated grips
  • Accessory power socket fitted into the clock surround. This is switched with the ignition.
  • Touratech gear lever (plus original if I can find it)
  • Touratech grippy/serrated foot pegs (plus originals)
  • Baglux tank cover. I am keeping the tank bag though, sorry.
  • Givi crash bars
  • Centre Stand (I think it was an SW Motech one)
  • Scotoiler
  • Rear Hugger
  • Pannier Frames – new one’s from Holan fitted in August and so far used only for one trip. I also have a set of H&B QD pannier frames unfitted which have my tool tubes attached. I only changed the frames as I got convinced the H&B one's were a bit flimsy for carrying heavy fully loaded ally panniers although they have done several fully loaded trips and been fine really.
  • “Transenduro” 41litre Panniers in black and stickers. These were made by ‘Ardcases for the now defunct Transenduro company. The last time I looked their website was still up and running though. I am in 2 minds about selling these as they will transfer to another bike
  • Quill Cans – sound FAB, plus the original silencers.
  • K&N air filter.
  • Unused fitting kit for a Givi top box holder
  • LED bulb in rear light.
  • There's probably some stuff I have forgotten too.
Other comments on condition

The bike is generally in good condition, as above it has had very limited winter use. EVrything works as you would expect and I have no doubt I could put another 45,000 miles on it and it would still look the same.

99% of the time the bike starts on the button no matter how long its been stood, just occasionally I need to flick the kill switch off/on if it doesn’t fire immediately. The only other issue is the heated grip switch is too sensitive to low voltage in its circuit and starts to switch them off at tickover. This seems to be a common problem with several people reporting similar on XRV. I had the battery, reg/rec, pulse generator, and heated grips all replaced separately under warranty. Each of which temporarily fixed it but to be honest its not a problem once above about 1,800 rpm.

Tyres are mostly worn out at the mo. – rear at the limit, front about 3-4mm left. Annakee 2’s and they are excellent and I would highly recommend them again.

C&S are good but have been on about 20,000 miles. I changed the front sprocket about 5,000 ago as a precaution before going to France in the summer. I don’t think I have adjusted the chain since fitting it (aren't scotoilers great.:D )

Brake pads are fine for another 4-5,000 miles too. Changing them is the easiest job ever.

I want to keep the TT ally Topbox that’s currently fitted in the photos. I will also remove items on it like a second (unswitched) accessory socket, the waterproof box and RAM mount for my iPhone, Stebel air horn, kriega bags, and heated jacket controller. If you really really want any of these then we can talk about it.

I am only selling it as myself and Mrs Austin are both changing our working pattern from next year so we can have a 5-6 week break each year and go on BIG motorbike trips and do some proper adventure travel possibly including shipping the bikes around the world. We decided we needed lighter simpler and identical bikes we are both happy with – we both fancy a Yam XT660r. Mrs A's TA700 may also be up for sale soon too (2010, 12K, top box, heated grips and centre stand, pannier frames - about £4300)

I think my Varadero it well priced well at £3900 with all the parts and accessories - it really is ready to tour (OK with new tyres it is). I also think that it is in excellent condition and looks well ‘ard with all the stuff on.

IMG_0801.jpg DSCF0960.jpg IMG_0775.jpg DSCF0702.jpg DSCF0464.jpg

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Austin, are you sure you will be happy with a single? :confused:

Andy.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
XT 660's,just dont travel where it gets really cold.Sean's did not like the cold very much

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Austin, are you sure you will be happy with a single? :confused:

Andy.
We test rode one the other day. While not the same comfort or sophistication as a TA700 or the Vara it was brill to ride and an absolute hoot. Loads lighter too and seat height is low for a trailie - so Anne is happy and good for shipping costs too.

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
The XT 660's fuel consumption is good too !
At least 200 miles to the tank, that's what my mate Paul quotes & He's out on his every day too.
Nice one a His 'n Hers XT 660, nice one Austin

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Pm For you ;)

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Pm For you ;)
Gary, you have too many bikes!! Im sure your cash will be better spent coming to the IOM with me!!!! Or using it for the HUMM next year:D

Austin, XT660 is a fantastic bike, and great for trail riding. I have a mate who has been through loads of big trail bikes and finally settled on the 660. I expect to see you and Mrs A on some trail rideouts soon.

If Gary doesnt want it I have my @ if you fancy a trade!!!! In the process of being serviced and cleaned. And before anyone says....it aint that bad!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts