Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collected this today, needs a small amount of work to get it spot-on but it has all the right goodies :D

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Oooo Bob i want whats it like have you been anywhere on it can i have a go :D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Electric boot brilliant Bob,
If its any thing like my old xr650r you will need to fit a seat belt.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Doubt it J. Its a dommie with better sense. Very nice acquisition Bob

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oooo Bob i want whats it like have you been anywhere on it can i have a go :D
I only went for a short ride Fred as it's mega-high, fortunately it comes with two other springs so that's one of the jobs I need to do before it's ready for action.

You'll be most welcome to ride it, it'll be a good comparison with the doginator and Ogri's BRP.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Electric boot brilliant Bob,
If its any thing like my old xr650r you will need to fit a seat belt.
It has a lot more ooomph than the TTR600's I tried last year but I don't think it would match a BRP.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Oooo! Another one for me to buy from you later, Bob, chuckle! ;):D:D I LIKE IT :thumbright:

:sunny:

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Nice. Tony mentioned you were looking at one of these. I'll have to come around to inspect it next week :D

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I only went for a short ride Fred as it's mega-high, fortunately it comes with two other springs so that's one of the jobs I need to do before it's ready for action.

You'll be most welcome to ride it, it'll be a good comparison with the doginator and Ogri's BRP.
Cheers Bob i know the suspension is far superior to the dog's as i was out with one a few weekends ago and couldnt keep up through the rocky bits without killing myself trying :D

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice bike Bob

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Wow Bob,

That machine looks mean and purposeful :D

Nice one squirrel :thumbup:

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I finally got a chance to crack on with the suspension today, I had been waiting on a lowering-link to come from the states.

So I de-greased the swinging arm and the linkages first.....

citroen 006.jpg
citroen 005.jpg

Here's the lowering-link, it's really well made piece of kit.......

citroen 008.jpg

Next job was to get the spring off the shock, the two items behind the shock are the spring-compressors we used. Don't even bother buying a piece of cr*p like these as they are rubbish, so it took a fair bit of time to get the spring off :rolleyes:

citroen 007.jpg

The bike came with two other springs, the one we took off is in the middle and the black one seems to have the same spring-rate as the one we took off (too heavy) so we went for the one on the left which looks like the o/e spring.

citroen 009.jpg

and apart from fitting a foam air-filter and a new front sprocket that was it for today. I'll try to crack on with it next week :)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts