Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And so it came to pass that “Steve - Billy No Mates” decided to take a ride into the hinter lands that surround Loch Tay and exercise his right to ride his bike when & where he wanted. Eldest son wanted to stretch the legs of his latest ride – a BMW 1150GS with 41lt TT tank fitted, so he came out to play as well. Africajim was not on call for a change and decided he needed to notch up some more miles onto his XC800 Tiger before getting it serviced, so that made 3 to ride out. Outrunner had a pass out for the day as well and was planning to have finished his soup by the time we got to where we were going.
Weather – it’s Scotland – we had some. Mainly the wet & windy type. Thankfully it wasn’t too wet for most of the ride – all 300 miles of it. But the wind certainly mad itself felt on some of the higher roads.
Only took a couple of piccies myself, and here they are:-

Loch Tay

Nice F8GS

On the way home – more weather

Thanks to Outrunner for the suggested meet up point – Glen Lyon Tea Room at Bridge of Balgie. Great to meet up again after such a long time ;).
Thanks also to Jim for making the run home interesting. Especially that 10 mile stretch over the moor – ACE fun.
Finally, big thanks to eldest son, for making Dad feel young again, cos Dad can still out ride him.

Steve T

:cool:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Nice one Steve,

Looks like you fellas had a great time.
I must try and get out on a run soon, bloody work and family commitments are taking over at the moment :(

Thanks for posting

Git :mad::D

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Nice one Steve,

Looks like you fellas had a great time.
I must try and get out on a run soon, bloody work and family commitments are taking over at the moment :(

Thanks for posting

Git :mad::D
Your nae jokin mate! I've only seen you twice this year! Galloway in April then the MAG demo last month!

Thanks again Steve, a good run was had!

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Good to see you getting out there in all this weather ;). Sounds like a good run, and nice to see you bringing the next generation along :thumbup:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Thankfully it wasn’t too wet for most of the ride – all 300 miles of it.
You are making me feel bad Steve, I only did 257 miles. ;) A nice day oot indeed, after I left you guys I had a dry run home all the way down but someone might have told me about the roadworks on the Forth bridge!
Bl**dy traffic was backed right up to the Dunfermline turn off but some filtering soon sorted that, the spotlights on the Wee Wolfcub sure let the car drivers see that I was going through whatever. ;) Got home at 5.30 after stopping for a cuppa at Powmill cafe on the way down, must do it again sometime. :thumbright:

Andy.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Nice one Steve,

Same here..:-(

but did manage a few hours tinkering with the 'New 'RD03 :D

front carb choke freed oft.... but still rich...,

call that wet and windy.. peak to john about our epic flight from Wales ahead of a hurricane
:)

oh gits too :thumbup::D

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
BTW, I meant to say in my post that Bridge o Balgie tearoom is getting WAY too posh for the likes of me, I had cauliflower and chirzo soup with cashew nuts......whateffer next?
:D:D

Andy.

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Your nae jokin mate! I've only seen you twice this year! Galloway in April then the MAG demo last month!

Thanks again Steve, a good run was had!

Aye Jim, no fair is it :(

But I have actually been out and about --- just not with you :D:D:D

Take care mate, we'll get together for a blast before the bad stuff comes in,for I have a cunning plan :thumbright:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Aye Jim, no fair is it :(

But I have actually been out and about --- just not with you :D:D:D

Take care mate, we'll get together for a blast before the bad stuff comes in,for I have a cunning plan :thumbright:
oooh :D

do tell,:blob2:

snow on the Grampians :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts