Honda XRV Forum banner
6K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Traveller 
#1 ·
The joint XRV/Big Trailie National for 2015 will be at The Bruce Arms, near Salisbury Plain, in Wiltshire, for the weekend of 11-13 September 2015, with people arriving from as early as Wednesday 9 September if past years are anything to go by.

The address:
The Bruce Arms
Easton Road
Easton Royal
Pewsey
Wiltshire
SN9 5LR

The Bruce Arms Wiltshire Pub & Camp Site - Bruce Arms - Pub & Campsite

The pub serves lunch all week and evening meals Friday and Saturday. We'll have a clubroom in the pub just for us if the weather is poor.

We will organise some gentle and not-so-gentle off-road excursions onto Salisbury Plain as well as some road rides and visit to local tourist attractions (Stonehenge is half an hour away - or 15 minutes if you ride like Hudders
).

It is £5 per head per day, for normal biker size tents (more for larger tents as space is limited). We'll need an idea of numbers nearer the time to help with planning.

See you there.

Anyone fancy an earlier reccie - the weekend of 18/19 April is a possibility.

See less See more
#4 ·
Typical, I post this up and the first to reply is a bloke I am seeing tomorrow night anyway.;)

#14 · (Edited)
For those of you who intend attending this event:-

The cost of 2 x extra chemical toilets and two showers is likely to cost in the region of £500 for the weekend which I'm happy to make a decent contribution to but I'm going to need some help towards those costs.....the other option is to rough it and only use the existing facilities....but it could get very rough if 50 people turn up like last year.

We will have to start collecting the monies in soon in order to order the extra facilities so please take part in the poll so that I can assess which option members would prefer.

As soon as we have an idea of what is needed we will operate a booking system whereby you will be asked to pay £10 per person (sorry but I just cant afford to fund these myself) to "book" for the national, any monies(if any) left over can be either donated to a (membership agreed) Charity or some other use (again agreed by the membership

Please take part in this poll

bigtrailie • View topic - Ablutions at the National Rally

And book in via this link

bigtrailie • View topic - Official National Rally booking in thread

#16 ·
Shit shit shit and shit again!!! ,was sitting in the travel agents today as wife wants another holiday, found said destination and was paying up when it dawned on me , 07/09/15 -----14/09/15 compleatly covers the week that the meets on, never managed to get to one before and was banking on going to this one either :(oh well better luck next year.
You all have a good time and may the weather be grand for you.

#18 ·
If I get back safely from Angola I will be there!

#23 ·
Absolutely priceless, I really envy someone with those abilities.

#20 ·
bugger missed a good un :)

defo next year

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.