Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I know it's a way off yet, but is anyone thinking of riding to the National meet from Kent? 9th-12th September.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
two here coming up from fareham, (possibly some from southampton too, i haven't been in touch with tramp, whealie, et al) we haven't sorted a route yet but i imagine it'll be our usual newbury, oxford, northampton, then who knows? we try to stay off motorways but its such a long ride we might have to. leaving sometime thursday 9th morning/lunchish

more the merrier we could meet you at oxford services for tea and buns and go oop narth mob handed? or will you go the other way round the smoke through dartford?

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
They'll probably be a few of us setting off from northampton,the talk is of going up without touching the M6 to make more of a day of it.
They'll be more frantic arranging about 10 days before the event,like every other year,jobs get in the way,family hassles and all sorts get in the way of early laid plans.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply's, this wil be a first for me so would be good to travel up with others. You all seem like a friendly bunch.

Unfortunally i'm in a job with a standby attached, and i'm on that week, so going to get a swap then i can make some firm arrangements.

·
Registered
195 Posts
One more from Northampton :cool:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
might be good to meet at northampton, we usually stop at the sainsburys there for a break on the way up to the BMF show, what sort of time are we talking about? (i know its too soon to pin down a time, but for rough planning?) its a 2-2.5hr ride for us from portsmouth/southampton and want to leave at a reasonable time in the morning, brekky at newbury, then we could meet at northampton for brunch? then 3.5/4hrs up to rosedale (factoring in lunch and afternoon tea stops) in time for pimms

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
The last 3 years we normally get away by about 11-11:30-ish by the time everyone arrives,fags and brekkie/brews are done and bikes and luggage adjusted, we keep it flexible.
I remember in 2007 we followed whealie's sat nav,now that was a time that tested a man's flexibility........................

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
im setting out from essex , but it wont be till late on friday evening as my youngest is going away on her first trip with the brownies for the weekend:) and i aint missing seing her off for nothing:D

so i'll be rocking up quite late but know the party will just be getting started:D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
im setting out from essex , but it wont be till late on friday evening as my youngest is going away on her first trip with the brownies for the weekend:) and i aint missing seing her off for nothing:D

so i'll be rocking up quite late but know the party will just be getting started:D
There will not be a party until you arrive and liven things up.:D:D

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
my youngest is going away on her first trip with the brownies for the weekend:) and i aint missing seing her off for nothing:D

well done that man :sunny:

no worries the folk will hold off a tad with the PIMs.. :cool:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
The last 3 years we normally get away by about 11-11:30-ish by the time everyone arrives,fags and brekkie/brews are done and bikes and luggage adjusted, we keep it flexible.
I remember in 2007 we followed whealie's sat nav,now that was a time that tested a man's flexibility........................
these days a lot of us have probably got satnags, so riding in a big group wont be so stressful because someone always gets seperated with differing natural speeds, especially with strangers who dont know what to expect from eachother. ive met a few forum members, it'll be good (perhaps, i havent met you yet) to meet most of the rest of you and put faces to names.
but if any of you have any ideas about rev limiters at dawn anywhere near my tent, you will be killed. no muckin abart, i will kill you. im not a morning person

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
We all generally arrive together, various stops along the way, and making a day of it means there's no rush so the faster one's get to stop and take a few pics or have a fag or whatever.
No rules just enjoy the day and see the countryside a bit.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

you should just get there in time to help me pitch me tent up:D:D:D:D

on a seperate note, has any thought been put into the various ride-outs?

as me and craig are natives we would be more than happy to put a few nadgery routes together and lead them...

there's some excellent little bumpy/hilly/twisty scenic routes round here and it would be great to be able to contribute to the enjoyment of everyone as so many of you lot have done in the past......:)

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
you should just get there in time to help me pitch me tent up:D:D:D:D

:)
if you present me with another tent mangled like the last one with that pitifull look in your eyes im going to wrap it around your neck:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

because i'll never figure it out sober:toothy7:

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Oh I wouldn't worry about your tent, by that time there should be at least 10-15 people present, which is just about enough to take care of that in about an hour. ;-)

And yay for nadgery routes, I've got TKCs on, so bring it on... :)

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
I was gonna ask about routes!!

is there gonna be an offroad (coachroad/fire-road) ride?

I am currently deciding what bike to buy now that the bandit was writ off - sooo that will help sway my decision!

Z:D

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
I was gonna ask about routes!!

is there gonna be an offroad (coachroad/fire-road) ride?

I am currently deciding what bike to buy now that the bandit was writ off - sooo that will help sway my decision!

Z:D
well, im definately off to whitby for fish and chips, whatever else happens

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Z, i think the best person to ask about an off-road route is bazza.

I'm from round here but i don't do off-road so have no idea about lanes etc.

I will be doing an on-road ride on the Saturday though, if anyone wants to come along, if so, suggestions. What do people prefer? A long ride taking in Whitby, Scarborough and Pickering etc or a shorter ride maybe just along to Whitby/Scarborough. Whitby & Scarborough are only 20 miles or so apart so both could easily be visited on a short ride.

I know a lovely route from Rosedale that heads to Pickering then right across the top of the moors (almost like a double back but a different road) and into Whitby then Scarborough. I'm not sure of the mileage but i will be trial running it so will let folks know.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts