Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another post about the NEC show :twisted:

Just wanted to know your opinions.

I loved it, stands seemed pretty similar to last year, just with this years bikes instead.
At first, they only had 4 kiosks open to sell tickets, but while we were queueueueueing, we saw a nice crash by a guy on the supermoto's.
Entrance was £28 for adults (which i thought was outrageous) and £5 for children (ages 11-16). Kids under 11 went in free.
Prices said for preview day (27th) so hopefully they should be reduced for the rest of the week.

The indoor stunt show ( £4 Adults, £2 Children) was well worth the money, but i wont spoil the fun.... MAKE SURE YOU SEE IT !!

Some great bikes on show this year, and the models are even better than last year :wink:

My favorite stand by far had to be the KTM stand, followed by BMW and all the CRF's on the Honda stand.

Met - Charley Boorman who was signing copies of his Dakar book, Nick Sanders, Jamie Whitham, Niall McKenzie and a guy from fifth gear (channel 5) cant remember his name though :oops:

It was very enjoyable and traffic was good getting there, a tad busy coming back though.

Took many pictures, once I get them on the comp, I'll upload a few.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
i thought it was good though i can never seem to get over the food stands taking the piss with their prices ie £7 for a burger and a cup of coffee :shock: :shock: :shock:

i cant make it up there this year but im going to attend thew london show at the excelle next year its reconed to be a good one :D

·
What did I do that for...
468 Posts
Chad said:
i thought it was good though i can never seem to get over the food stands taking the piss with their prices ie £7 for a burger and a cup of coffee :shock: :shock: :shock:

i cant make it up there this year but im going to attend thew london show at the excelle next year its reconed to be a good one :D
Ditto.
Never been to the NEC, price is too much for me and worst of all...it's in feckin BRUM :lol:

Always go to the London show though, next years should be good in it's new venue at Excel, Ally Pally was a a pain in the ar*e to get to.

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Hang on Kid, it's only just started, I'm not going till next Saturday :shock:

As for Chad and Scott, it's about time there was something decent outside LDN and yes Ally Pally is a pain to get to especially when you're 3 1/2 hours away :lol:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The G-MEX show in Manchester is meant to be quite good, think its around about january

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Kid
I've kinda lost touch over the years, what is the Gmex show, like the NEC or something different?

·
Registered
890 Posts
NEC show

The show was great as it's always been.

Probably be the closest I get to some of the works bikes. Haydens was really a hell of a lot different to the Fireblade of the British Japanese rider( brain fade, can't remember his name!) Josh Coppins's HRC Honda was bristling with shiny bits :lol: - very impressive.

Managed to blag a trade ticket so without the crowds, access to all the bikes was great. The KTM's are coming on strong, they are very impressive to look at . I can only imagine what it's like to ride a 950 offroad!! :notworthy:

The January show at Gmex in Manchester is only small in comparison - probably equal to one hall at NEC but you do get free stunt shows on the 'balcony', parking is a hell of a lot easier/cheaper and Manchester city centre is only a few minutes walk away. The NEC has got you once you're there, so prices for food etc. are whatever they feel they can get out of you.

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Is there the annuall NEC show in Bimingham this year or have I missed that :?: :shock:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dilbert said:
Kid
I've kinda lost touch over the years, what is the Gmex show, like the NEC or something different?
Kinda, I think its £10 to get in, free stunt shows (including russ swift with his Mini's)
I've never actually been, but several people have told me how good it is.

07 Jan 2005 - 09 Jan 2005 THE NATIONAL MOTORCYCLE SHOW MANCHESTER
Bikeshows Europe Ltd.
20 Edgeway
Wilmslow
Cheshire SK9 1NH
Tel.:+44(0)8703 505 012
Fax:+44(0)8703 505 012
[email protected]
www.bikeshowseurope.com

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
Went to the NEC on Fri, I found it a bit of a dissapointment to be honest, less "bits n bobs" stalls, no Ducati, Aprillia, Guzzi, fewer tyre manufacturers there, fewer people there (good!), of the stall owners I spoke to, they were reporting a 30% drop in takings on last year, with a few hoping to break-even by closing time on Friday.
I arrived at 10.45 and left at 3.30 - which is a first, previous years have seen me there before opening time and leaving when theyr'e sweeping up!

I probably won't bother next year, the first time since 1990....

Phil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts