Honda XRV Forum banner
945 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  scouseviking 
#1 ·
I just spent an afternoon helping jnr polish his bike up after it passed its MOT.
All he needs now is new tyres and a pair of Dunstall replica silencers which are on order...;););)
His Yamaha DT 125 is also sorted so looks like i can turn my attention to finding my next project....:D:D:D

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automobile repair shop
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Engine Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive engine part

What is so great about these two projects for me is the place where his college sent him for work experience is owned by a really nice guy who lets him work on his bikes when the shop isnt busy..
He doesnt get paid by the shop but he gets £800 a month before tax from the government because he is studying for an apprenticeship so he is getting paid to work on his own bikes...:D:D:D
I asked him does he fancy selling it to finance my next project but his answer ended in OFF....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
What do you guys think , not a bad job for a newbie huh? :thumbup:

See less See more
#2 ·
Now that his project is finished (apart from hotter camshaft)we can focus on what to do next...
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

I have got my hand on a car and trailer for next weekend and I am heading down to Hannover in Germany to pick this up...
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Its a 1970 pre oil in frame Triumph TR6 650...
I had a go at fixing it a couple of years ago by fitting new Hepolite pistons and getting it rebored..
We discovered that one of the cam followers was cream crackered so we couldnt start it.:(:(:(
My plan it to get a pair of half race nitraded camshafts, strip the engine to check the big ends and all bearings ,bushes and oil seals and see if we can bring this bike back to life after my mate running it dry for oil 20+ years ago...
I am hoping to get it fpr free but lets see what happens..:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.