Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replace cooling fan with anthing other than stock? The motor is bad on mine and Honda only made it for the @. I will check with my local dealer and try to get him to order direct from Japan, but if anyone can help, that would be awsome!

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Anyone replace cooling fan with anthing other than stock? The motor is bad on mine and Honda only made it for the @. I will check with my local dealer and try to get him to order direct from Japan, but if anyone can help, that would be awsome!
You can plead your case to your honda dealer in the USA all you want but they won't bring in that fan for you which has an exclusive Africa Twin part #. Ebay is the way to go for something like that...and you should get it at a reasonble price. German ebay has consistently many AT items. If your German is up to par (or your lucky to get an english speaker) then it's just a matter of convincing the seller to ship to the USA.

I can't even get a clutch cable here in Canada for my AT. It's a good # for my dealer and they proceed to order it and then Honda Canada flags it as "discontinued"...which it is obviously not. :(

I still need a cable as mine has a fray in it. Will probably get a friend in Germany to mail me one.

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Are the radiators and fan not the same on the Transalp as the AT? :confused:

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
That was my first thought Steve, that's why I checked out CMSNL, when you type in the part number they tell you which models it's made for, that's not to say thet they're not interchangable, but the radiators on the Transalp are slightly smaller than the Africa Twin, so maybe not ?

As for replies from German eBay I've always found that they will speak English and reply promptly

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm almost certain that they are the same. In fact I've got an AT and a TA in my garage right now though I'm working away from home at present so I'll check it out later this week when I get chance but again I'll swear they are the same.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Assuming you're talking about an XRV750???

Every year of the twin used the same part # for the cooling fan. I bought some program off of Ebay that will cross reference the part # for you and the only bike that comes up is the Twin. I did some checking for state side models, and Honda uses a lot of different part # for the cooling fan motor. I have a VT500 shadow donor bike in the garage that will be giving up it's cooling fan motor shortly and will let you all know how it goes. :twisted:

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Dunno about the RD07, but the rads are slightly bigger on the RD03 than the 600cc Transalp, I have both on my garage floor for ease of comparison :D :confused2:

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's just a fan. I'm sure almost any fan from any bike would do, as long as it's 12 V. Even a small automotive might work and I'm sure you could just attach the wings from original into the new fan.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fan OK

Well I'm happy to report, Don't need new fan :p But I do need crash bars. The last owner dropped bike in drive way. When I checked the fan I just gave it a twist a little in both directions, should have gave it a good spin all the way around. The bracket is bent and now the fan catches, causing the fuse to pop :mad: So tonight I start the operation to bring evrything back into shape :director:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts