Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Space Emperor
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Fuel filter and tank tap both working OK?
Yes, fuel flows freely out of the filter ...

It still sounds like a fuel problem. How long does it take to start to run rough and then cut out? Perhaps worth trying to simulate it running out of fuel so you control this to see if the symptoms are the same? If it takes 10 minutes for example, you could starve it of fuel after say 5 minutes and see what happens. If it runs rough and cuts out in the same way then it looks like fuel but if its different then perhaps something else.
Yes, that could be a good idea, except it seems like it only uses the fuel already in the bowls. I accidentally ran it until it stopped and then noticed that I hadn't even turned on the fuel tap.

I could try emptying both bowls, and then see how the flow through the drain tube looks after they empty ... if it flows uninterrupted, I'll know if it's fuel or electricity related

·
Registered
86 Posts
Remove your carbs and clean the choke plungers. This sounds like it runs fine until it warms up. The chokes may be stuck on and therefore the engine is getting too much fuel once it is warm.

Plus, a good thorough cleaning never did any harm to a carburetor.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts