Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new to this but was wandering if anyone has any info or help on my matter.

heres the thing, i have a 1988 xr600 supermoto to which i have fitted an slr 650 engine in to. i have modified the airbox top yoke ect ect

i just wanted to know if i can run the slr 650 engine on the xr600 carb without hassle
the slr runs a tps and the xr does not, will the engine run the same with the tps not connected or will i either have to run with the slr carb or modify my xr carb to fit the tps to it.

help please
any info will be much appreciated.

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
I would think that it depends whether you're running the XR or the SLR black box. The SLR box will be looking for the signal from the TPS so's to select the relevant ignition setting for a given requirement. So if you're using the SLR ECU then use the SLR carb.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought as much cheers for ur help.
next question is does the regulator rectifier need to be bolted to the frame as on the slr if so i will need to run an earth braid off it to the frame as im fitting it to the top of the air box.

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
I would suggest placing the rectifier/regulator in a place where there's sufficient air flowing around it as they do give off some heat. If you were to bolt it to a heat sink plate before mounting it , as you say, on the airbox, that might help to dissipate some heat. There's some white paste available from places like Maplins that sell this. It helps to move the heat from the electrical unit to the heat sink.

Running extra earths to electrical items always helps, even if there is a good earth path via the frame. On race bikes that i've worked on, we always made up extra earth straps, in case one broke during extremes of racing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts